Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 43 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 38 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], jimmy101, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Using dual QEVs...

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Using dual QEVs...

Unread postAuthor: Ianbuckwell » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:55 am

Sorry for so many threads, but have searched and have no one to ask, I see it has been done before and posted on these forums. I now have purchased a second identical Parker QEV.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sourc ... MEcEZ270JA

What I am interested in is how integrated/divided the QEVs need to be, I don't want just one doing its thing and the other nothing. Is it best to run as 2 systems apart from the barrel and pilot or can they share the chamber?

Intention is to set the components up symetrcally as possible then run the 2 QEVs with the barrels combined hopefully via a Y rather than Tee to aid airflow, they will be piloted/filled via a 3/8" 2/3 solenoid valve (not true 3//8" ports that it is the connector size and the actual port is more oblong/pill shaped)

Its this one - http://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-8-3V31 ... 61369.html

Do you think it will be large enough to port the solenoids, I see people using Schrader valves, are these like the car tire ones or do they do a whole range?

Otherwise I will use a cheap Chinese black box QEV, but this will get confusing for me!
Any advice? Thanks

Ianbuckwell
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: Using dual QEVs...

Unread postAuthor: Brian the brain » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:49 am

I'd say one chamber/two QEV's/one pilot/one barrel should work...it's been done before a number of times.

As you have the parts, my best advise would be to just try it.
That's the best way to learn.

All senior members have failed and failed again ,some more often than they've had succes.
That's where all the knowledge on this website comes from.

Gun Freak wrote:
Oh my friggin god stop being so awesome, that thing is pure kick ass. Most innovative and creative pneumatic that the files have ever come by!

Can't ask for a better compliment!!
Brian the brain

Re: Using dual QEVs...

Unread postAuthor: Ianbuckwell » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:33 am

Ok, thanks Don't worry I am having plenty of experience with trying and faillimg on my current gun, just off to try something now as the bolt keeps sticking forward after each shot.

Thanks.

Ianbuckwell
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion