Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 65 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 60 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Little cannon

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Little cannon

Unread postAuthor: wdr0 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:33 pm

Well it seems I am going about things backwards, starting with a big pneumatic and giant hybrid and now going to a small pnuematic. I had left over 4" from the big air cannon and decided I wanted a more portable unit so I built this with a 2" 200psi sprinkler valve. It is in its most rudimentary arrangement, the trigger and fill valves will be relocated as well as the barrel mounted more appropriately, although all of the sch 80 is assembled in its final arrangement. It does work quite well, it's testing has enlightened me to that which I probably should have known already. That being that potatoes expelled from tubular objects at any pressure can result in their fragmentation and dispersal on surfaces and there for such experimentation should be conducted outdoors and not in the kitchen. Luckily the potatoe was quite dry so cleanup was not difficult.

Attachments
image.jpg

wdr0
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Little cannon

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:04 am

wdr0 wrote:That being that potatoes expelled from tubular objects at any pressure can result in their fragmentation and dispersal on surfaces and there for such experimentation should be conducted outdoors and not in the kitchen.

The wife must be delighted :D nice little cannon, we all need a bit of sprinkler fun in our lives

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: wdr0 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:40 am

Well right now it is the parents, which I am very grateful for as as long as I dont perminantly damage the house or myself I am pretty well free to build and test whatever I come up with. I am actually only 19, I suspect that may not have been evident considering the scale of my other projects.

wdr0
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:50 pm

You certainly build and publish older than you are, take that as a compliment.

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: wdr0 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:02 pm

Compliments taken. Thanks! Yeah, I have always been interested in building things and therefore tended(and still do) hang out with adults mores so than people my age, so that is probably why.

wdr0
Corporal
Corporal

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion