Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 61 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 59 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Pellet gun

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Re: Pellet gun

Unread postAuthor: Gippeto » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:23 am

"Mediocre" is in the eye of the beholder. A decent pcp will deliver 1" groups at 50 yards, a better pcp will go <1/2"...In an improvised rig, 2" at 50 yards would be STUNNING accuracy IMHO.

If you're still on the hunt for a barrel blank, you can get 24" barrels from Crosman pretty cheap...hit and miss quality though.

1760-001 is a 24" in .177
2260-003 is a 24" in .22

Haven't tried these and don't know anyone who has put a pellet through one as of yet, but IF they actually are LW barrels, one heck of a bargain...my last LW blank cost me close to $200. Being as you're in the US, should be no problem for you to order. :)

http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/FXBarrelPromo.html

If you're intending to use a rifled barrel and factory ammo, the issue remaining is consistency in releasing the air. The qev will be reasonable at that, but it's opening speed is directly related to it's venting...consistent venting is going to be a challenge.

If you can machine a qev, perhaps you can machine a different valve as well?

A QDV (search the forum) activated by a spring loaded striker would be consistent, potentially BRUTALLY powerful and fairly easy to make. Could be fitted with a sear and trigger. Also have a look for a toolies piston and btb ballanced push button valve.

"It could be that the purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others" – unknown

Liberalism is a mental disorder, reality is it's cure.
Gippeto
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: bravootome » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:26 pm

TO GIPPETO : it seems to me you know more than i do about barrels, what to you think about hatsan at44 long barrel ? a LW barrel cost 122 euros but right now the 70 euro for the hatsan sounds bit more affordable to me....
Anyhow if the hatsan is worse than my airsoft barrels already fully tested ( cause i've seen airguns lot more inaccurate than my gun) i must go for the LW.....

Sorry for offtopic question !

come undone
bravootome
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: Gippeto » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:10 pm

I"ve two of the Hatsan AT44-10's (not the long barrel though :( ) in the cabinet. They need a little clean up at the breech end for burrs and usually the crown is less the optimum. Once cleaned up, they shoot very well indeed and will do ~1/2" @ 50 yards.

They are choked, mine like JSB 15.9 and 18.1 grain pellets.

Hatsan does have a LW barrel option...something to look into. Price might be closer than you think. :)

HW also has excellent barrels.

"It could be that the purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others" – unknown

Liberalism is a mental disorder, reality is it's cure.
Gippeto
Donating Member
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion