Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 77 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 73 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

The B*tch; 30mm anti-everything cannon *WIP*

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
The B*tch; 30mm anti-everything cannon *WIP*

Unread postAuthor: Alex345 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:45 pm

Hey guys, long time no see here! Took my big old stationary cannon apart and decided to use it's big clunky valve for something new and "smaller".

Ive decided to go for an anti-tank rifle kind of look for this one! This will be the "basic" model which will be more for just seeing if it works or not. If so, the new model will probably have some type of breech loading mechanism and the air chamber will be hanging over the barrel instead of over my shoulder. Which would make it look more like a Solothurn AT rifle.

It's nowhere near done right now, but as soon as i have my air chamber i can start testing it... I already ordered a chamber in the form of a 20" long piece of 2" threaded steel pipe, but it got delayed so I'm kinda stuck right now...

Still needs:
Chamber
Trigger mech
Bi-pod
Optics and the necessary rails and mounts

The nice smooth seamless aluminum barrel is secured to a 20" long piece of 1/2" pipe with 4 M4 screws and electrical tape spacers. I'll probably be using 2 types of ammo; A solid lead slug for short range brute force and some kind of sabot for longer shots. Any good suggestions on sabot designs are welcome! The simpler the better since i cannot weld/machine parts... Don't know if the muzzle brake will be of any good but i thought it was a nice touch :p

The air cylinder on the photo's might become the stock of the cannon, as it will catch some of the recoil (i hope) of which i don't know how bad it will be... It will be a clunky type of stock, but it's already clear to me that this thing will be more transportable then portable when it's done. Target operating pressure should be around 350psi but if you guys think that both the valve and chamber can handle more i'll happily increase the pressure!

Now for some pics:

Alex345
Corporal
Corporal

Re: The B*tch; 30mm anti-everything cannon *WIP*

Unread postAuthor: Alex345 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:58 am

Finally got my air chamber! Sure took long enough but boy is that piece of 2" pipe a mighty sight to behold! Already have the cap for the back part with a 6mm PU hose push fitting in it.

Just need an adapter piece to go from the 2" pipe to the 1/2" valve. Then i can start with some test shots and work on some ammo

Alex345
Corporal
Corporal

Re: The B*tch; 30mm anti-everything cannon *WIP*

Unread postAuthor: Alex345 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:06 pm

Project scrapped, delete please.

Alex345
Corporal
Corporal

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion