Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 45 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 40 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], mark.f, MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Pilot operated valve question

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Pilot operated valve question

Unread postAuthor: Pescadortio » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:33 pm

Hello,

I am new to the forums and am currently working on a new build and have run into a dilemma. I will be using co2 as the propellant that will be used with the 3-way directional valve to chamber to barrel setup. I doubt I will have the need for more pressure, however it appears to me that most of the 3-way DCVs I've seen online max out at 115psi. However, the pilot operated valves can operate at a much higher pressure so that is what I'm leaning towards, with the setup having a small solenoid valve actuate the larger DCV for greater flow and pressure. My problem currently is that the pilot operated DCVs require a pilot pressure of anywhere from 20-40psi. should I simply tap into the line with a T connector and have a regulator bring down the pressure to 20psi and then have that lined to the pilot operated DCV which has the inlet hose sourcing from the original T I mentioned or is there a much simpler way of making this happen?

Pescadortio
Private
Private

Re: Pilot operated valve question

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:42 am

Have you considered using a slide-check valve as used on paintball remote lines?

They can take full CO2 pressure without issues, and with enough flow to pilot a QEV adequately.

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion