Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 75 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 72 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], henry01 based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Pilot Valve for QEV - JSR's $20 Semi-Auto BB Gun Question

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Pilot Valve for QEV - JSR's $20 Semi-Auto BB Gun Question

Unread postAuthor: littlebro05 » Fri May 11, 2018 7:07 pm

Hey guys,

It's been a very long time since I've posted here. I remember JackSmirkingRevenge posting a $20 BB Semi-Automatic BB Gun. In this link here - how-to-database/topic23626.html

I was wondering if there are alternatives to the "Hand Slide" Pilot Valve. I've been doing some research and I remember a mate of mine who worked in pneumatics showed me something similar that worked as well.

For example, would this work?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TAC2-31V-2- ... Swq5pXPtqf

OR

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mechanical- ... SwCGVX9I-X

Where, on the off position, it shuts off the air supply, but also remove the excess air to fire the QEV. The reason I ask this is because I wanted something that was more 'ergonomic' when I put this in a shell of a Nerf Blaster and would be easier to install a trigger. I don't know much about pneumatics and scoured the internet for the, but I just couldn't figure out if it had the some action as the 'hand slide valve'.

Thanks in advance!

It's Nerf or Nothing.

Don't start crying when I play this as my hobby, Paintball, Airsoft and Nerf are equally good hobbies, except you can play Nerf in public. Good day! Hmph!
littlebro05
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Pilot Valve for QEV - JSR's $20 Semi-Auto BB Gun Questio

Unread postAuthor: farcticox1 » Sat May 12, 2018 7:15 am

The second one is pretty much what I use, nice to have all 3 ports usable on the 3/2 valve so you can use it NO or NC.Depends on which side of the QEV you fill from.
005.jpg

Swan Donovan made a neat adjustable exhaust for his QEV to give multiple shots.

farcticox1
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion