Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 55 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 50 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Read this before posting!

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Read this before posting!

Unread postAuthor: boilingleadbath » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:52 pm

I'd venture to geuss that 80% of time, your problem is one of the following:

1) My sprinkler valve makes loud noises!
It's <a href="http://www.spudfiles.com/spud_wiki/index.php?title=Honking">honking</a>. Get a better exaust valve - that is, <a href="http://www.spudfiles.com/spud_wiki/index.php?title=Sprinkler_valve_modification&action=edit">mod</a> your valve.

2) My sprinkler valve won't seal!
Make sure that:
*Your sprinkler valve is pointing the right direction. (arrow towards barrel)
*Your seal is free of debris.

3) How big should I make my chamber/barrel?
I don't know either, short of spending much time asking for the specifics of your system. Try using the <a href="http://www.thehalls-in-bfe.com/GGDT">GGDT</a>
If you don't understand how to model something, you may ask in the forum.
If your computer can't run the GGDT, or you'd like me to check your model, you may contact me [boilingleadbath] personaly. I prefer if you do so through AIM, though E-mail or the PM function on this website is acceptable if that's not an option for you.

If problem persists, you may ask about it without repercussions.

(Other people: Feel free to expand this section, or tell me to. I don't know much about sprinkler valves...)

boilingleadbath

Unread postAuthor: garrettee » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:05 pm

First off not tring to drudge up old postings, I want to elaborate on these sprinkler valves. If you want to avoid having problems with a sprinkler valve follow these steps;

1. Before you buy one, read anything and everything on this site about them, vetran spudgunners know what works and what don't.

2. Once you purchase a sutable valve and before you start to mod, read anything and everything on this site about them. Again, learn from experienced modders to prevent problems.

3. And finally once you've successfully tested your modded valve (completed spudgun) give feedback and let all of us know how it turned out.

P.S. And if it dosen't work, retrace your steps and refer back to the forums(you really shouldn't have to because there so damn easy to mod).

garrettee
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: spudgunnerwryyyyy » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:55 pm

Amen to seal being free of debris. I had one that had a crap of PVC 1/8"x1/4".

spudgunnerwryyyyy
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: HaiThar » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:00 pm

Question... I have modded my sprinkler valve, and my barrel still honks.. does this mean that I need a longer barrel?

HaiThar
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: paaiyan » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:42 pm

HaiThar wrote:Question... I have modded my sprinkler valve, and my barrel still honks.. does this mean that I need a longer barrel?

The barrel has nothing to do with honking. Search the forums for sprinkler valve honking or something like that. You'll find your answer.

"Who ever said the pen was mightier than the sword, obviously, never encountered automatic weapons."
-General Douglass MacArthur

Read my dog's blog - Life of Kilo
paaiyan
Major General
Major General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion