Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 44 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 39 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

portable burst disk

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
portable burst disk

Unread postAuthor: Insomniac » Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:46 am

I just had an idea on how to make a portable burst disk gun without multiple burst disks. You get a regular pvc burst disk gun and then attach a smaller, metal chamber to the main chamber via a ballvalve. Then you fill the metal chamber to a real high pressure, like 400psi or somthing, and vent it into the main chamber. There would be a short delay between opening the valve and fireing, but it would be one damn powerful gun. Has anyone made one like this? This is such a ridiculously simple idea that somone MUST have made one already, but I haven't ever seen one. I wonder why????

Insomniac
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: experament_u2 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:04 am

im not sure but i think it would be because its a bit hard to get like 400 psi

experament_u2
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: PVC Arsenal 17 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:11 am

Better make dam sure you close the ballvalve quick. Can't let all the air out when it goes.

PVC Arsenal 17
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Scope » Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:30 pm

You could just use a paintball tank... you can adjust the high pressure output tanks (the ones most people use) anywhere in the hundreds of psi's. You could actualy use a really cheap paintball gun!! That would be sick... get one with eletrics and you could just rig it all up together... paintball guns can put out a lotta freaking pressure and/or if you modify them with new springs and a good regulator.
imagine pullling the trigger on a paintball gun that was the grip for a gun...

Scope
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: Insomniac » Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:38 am

Hey I only just realised that somone replied!
@ pvc arsenal: The idea was to let all the air out in one hit, the whole point of this gun would be for a burst disk gun with only a tiny delay between pulling the trigger and fireing, without multiple burst disks. You can use bike suspension pumps, they go to 400 psi.

Insomniac
Major General
Major General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion