Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 59 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 54 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Paint morter vid

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Paint morter vid

Unread postAuthor: squeaks » Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:59 pm

Does anyone have videos of firing a homemade paintball morter? I was kinda interested in seeing one and what kind of spread they had.

"Nine out of ten Americans agree that out of ten Americans one will always disagree with the other nine."
-Collin Mockery
Who's Line is it Anyway

Borrow money from a pessimist, he won't expect it back.

squeaks
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: Bluetooth » Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:02 pm

Well the spread really depends on the grenade your launching.

Bluetooth
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: judgment_arms » Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:10 pm

When I fire paintballs out of my XM001 the spread at 25 yards is somewhere between one and five feet with a flat trajectory. I’ve never fired tried it for range but on my first cannon which hade a three foot, 150cal barrel at about 50 the spread was about five yards, give or take a few yards it’s been awhile, with a high trajectory.
But from what I’ve heard the average grouping of medium to heavy artillery at maximum seems to be about 20-30 yards at about 80 yards, that’s what I read in a review on a cannon I found somewhere on the web, can’t remember much about it, it’s bean awhile.

My opinion is that using cannon as a scattergun doesn’t work to well because not all the paintballs break, scatterguns work best at short ranges. Use grenades, I make HE grenades out of a short section of those balloons that clowns make animals out of (those long ones) there somewhat accurate (especially considering the fact that elongated projectiles and smoothbores don’t mix), have nearly twice the range, and have a surprisingly large blast radius. Or you could buy frag grenades (tipman squad busters, pod rockets, etc.) and use a larger bore, that would probably be your best bet, as ammo would be somewhat easy to acquire and would have good range and a large blast radius.

Do some research on cannon ammo used during the American civil war, the Napoleonic wars, ect.

Call me "Judge", it's easier to type.

Spud gun safety rules
judgment_arms
Major General
Major General

Location: Not so beautiful North Carolina, but at least it’s the U.S.A.!

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion