Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 70 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 66 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

pressurizing my pneumatic

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
pressurizing my pneumatic

Unread postAuthor: pizlo » Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:00 pm

Well i got my first pneumatic gun glued a couple of days ago, i have a design mostly like killas tutorial. the first thing i did was try to get some pressure with my hand bike pump... and my gauge showed nothing, I knew i had pressure because i could get a 1in core of a spud about 30 ft. after trying a 12 volt car tire inflater for about 2 minutes i got the same results. after i checked for a leak and found one around my valve. i sealed this up with some gorilla glue witch is now airtight. but I cannot seem to get my psi above 10 or it would show on my gauge. what should i use to get the psi to at least 60? thanks.

pizlo
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: Pete Zaria » Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:03 pm

Assuming you don't have any electronics (Such as a solenoid) on your gun, I say pump it up as high as you can currently get it, and leak test it underwater in your bath tub. I'm suspecting you have a leak somewhere.

What kind of valve do you have? If you have a diaphragm or piston, you may need to check the seal and/or lubricate it.

Give us more info.

Peace,
Pete Zaria.

Pete Zaria

Unread postAuthor: jrrdw » Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:36 pm

I think you should pump it up again, and tap on your pressure guage with your finger. Your probly getting a false reading.

When life gives you lemons...throw them back they suck!
jrrdw
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Unread postAuthor: pizlo » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:36 pm

yea i tried tapping the gauge and nothing, i am using a pvc ball valve any ideas on what i should use to inflate it my bike pump is not great but it does my bike tires just fine

pizlo
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: Bluetooth » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:38 pm

Your either very very weak or your bike pump is messed up. Go buy a compressor and rebuild you cannon so you can use it :lol: .

Bluetooth
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: Insomniac » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:46 pm

Maybe your gauge is busted????
Buy a cheap guage that you just fit on the schrader to get the pressure ( you can get them at bike shops) and see if the gun is holding pressure.

Insomniac
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: frankrede » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:41 am

yest your guage on your bike tire, if it shows no pressure then your pump is fine.

Current project: Afghanistan deployment
frankrede
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: experament-u2 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:23 am

i think ure psi guage is buggered just by a hole new pump or borow one and test it

experament-u2
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: killagorrila99 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:30 am

like killas tutorial

Can I see some pics. I'm proud of my tut.

"I'm sorry, Mr.Bush cant come to the phone right now, He's playing cleudo with Mr. Cheney And he has him in the Cupboard with a broom stick" -White house receptionist.
killagorrila99
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: mark.f » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:13 am

Sounds to me like it's a problem with your Schrader, (tire), valve. They do that to me occasionally. They get up to a certain pressure and then disconnect. I don't know for sure, but you may want to check that.

mark.f
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: pizlo » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:23 am

i can post some pics later (by the way killer i liked your tut, i used 1 in pipe for the barrel instead of 3/4.) the gauge is 0-300 psi, and is 1/4 in thread, its screwed into a a threaded metal reducer,which is screwed into a 1/2 in threaded pvc reducer, all these i screwed in with Teflon tape the correct way. I know i had a little leak around my tire valve,(i got it up to pressure then painted all the joints with soppy water.) I "fixed" this by pushing the valve part way in a applying some gorilla glue, i also put some around the outside. once this dried it stopped the leak , i also put some duct tape over it in case there was a very minor leak. my uncle told me that a gauge that goes in ticks of 10 psi might not move unless it reaches 10psi, i might have not reached 10 for some reason, because i could only get the spud core about 30 ft.

pizlo
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion