Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 63 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 60 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Air delay grenade

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: Killjoy » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:53 am

damn it i knew the answer to the grenade question, oh well.
One thing pvc arsnel, why would you want to waste a bunch of good parts detonating a highly sensitive explosives, also not to mention the explosive would would probably detonate when it would hit the ground, before the burst disk would burst. There are a lot better ways to detonate AP, which i won't go into as i would hate to break forum rules (even though i think ive may have already crossed the line sorta), though the time delay is a good idea. But whatever, i like the idea for a paintball grenade though. might try it out sometime soon.

Killjoy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: )DEMON( » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:51 am

German stick grenade is reffered to in German as a Stielhandgrenate. I play lots of wargames.

You should try use a 12gram co2 canaster as a gas source if you can. You will get plenty pressure out of one of those.

Forever dreaming...
)DEMON(
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: PVC Arsenal 17 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:36 pm

Killjoy wrote:damn it i knew the answer to the grenade question, oh well.
One thing pvc arsnel, why would you want to waste a bunch of good parts detonating a highly sensitive explosives, also not to mention the explosive would would probably detonate when it would hit the ground, before the burst disk would burst. There are a lot better ways to detonate AP, which i won't go into as i would hate to break forum rules (even though i think ive may have already crossed the line sorta), though the time delay is a good idea. But whatever, i like the idea for a paintball grenade though. might try it out sometime soon.

man I feel stupid now... it would blow up. I could just set it down and run like hell.

I'm thinking now that I can pull off the same thing by making a coaxial-like design. The inner pipe will be capped but will have a tiny hole in the cap. The union could be on the outside. Picture it like Atlantis' reversed coax. design but with a union.

Last edited by PVC Arsenal 17 on Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PVC Arsenal 17
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:37 pm

)DEMON( wrote:German stick grenade is reffered to in German as a Stielhandgrenate. I play lots of wargames.

You should try use a 12gram co2 canaster as a gas source if you can. You will get plenty pressure out of one of those.

Same here:
DOD
DOD:S
MOHAA
MOHPA
MOHBT
MOHSH
COD
COD2
BIA
BIA:EiB
Battlefield 1942
" " Road To Rome
" " Secret Weapons of WW2
" " Vietnam
" " Modern Combat
" " Expansion packs
" " 2142

But Stielhandgrenate is stick grenade in German, You would only refer to that if you were either German or Central European back in ww2. The Americans and British called them 'Potato Mashers'.

Last edited by MrCrowley on Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrCrowley

Unread postAuthor: PVC Arsenal 17 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:38 pm

alright enough with the stick grenade!

PVC Arsenal 17
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: PVC Arsenal 17 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:48 pm

PVC Arsenal 17
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: judgment_arms » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:58 pm

I meant the German name… oh well I since I wasn’t specific here’s your fifty spudbuxs.
Edit: crap didn’t see the second page.. if you got it I’ve sent you the money.

Call me "Judge", it's easier to type.

Spud gun safety rules
judgment_arms
Major General
Major General

Location: Not so beautiful North Carolina, but at least it’s the U.S.A.!

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: judgment_arms » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:33 pm

Back to the grenades, I believe that a pneumatic grenade, that didn’t explode or frag and had a good “blast radius”, would be impossible to make. Think about it, most paint grenades, any of them but the squad buster, have a blast radius of about 20 feet, give or take, but they don’t use PVC pipe, they use rubber hose, which is surprisingly cheep, and, generally speaking, a ¼ BB, which is available at China-mart (sling shot ammo). Now I left out a lot of stuff that’s irrelevant, but you get the point, for all the time, money, and work that you put into a pneumatic grenade, you could make a dozen of the other kind.
but if you really want to make a pneumatic grenade, my I suggest using a valve that is actuated by a jolt, not electricity, like when you drop it, it goes off. Or you could use a small electronic valve with a timer circuit.
If I confused anybody sorry, the TV was distracting me so I lost my train of thought… a lot. Why not just make mines? You can make a mine as big as necessary.

Spud gun safety rules
judgment_arms
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Killjoy » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:28 pm

Ive never really liked the other paint grandes (with the rubber hose) cause they always seem to reciure a huge jolt to go off (like throwing really hard at a rock or concrte or something). I like pvc arsenals idea better cause it seems to limit the chance of a miss fire. Just an idea, but what you could do would be to put a ballon filled with paint on the end of the union that is not connected to the air chamber, so that when the union would break the ballon would fill up and burst and spray paint every where.

Killjoy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: Bluetooth » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:44 pm

I make bunches of the rubber hose ones and they take 2 sec to make. A min a piece to fill up and cost about $.50 a piece. Cant beat that aaaaaaand you can use them for airsoft. You just fill them with water and airsoft bbs. They are also reusable :D .
Here, I took a pic. http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/album_s ... ic_id=303&
The little ones are paintball or water, the big one is airsoft and the surgical tubing I make them from.

Bluetooth
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: judgment_arms » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:38 pm

Killjoy, the only paint grenade I’ve ever heard anybody complain about is the “Tippman Squad Buster” I’ve thrown one of those at a tree from about five yards, hit the tree, the dumb thing bounced back at me and thudded on the ground right beside me, didn’t go off, my friend picked it up, threw it, hit another tree, it bounced again but didn’t go off till it hit a stump on the ground. But I’ve made a paint grenade out of a slingshot band/tube/thingy and it went off when it hit the ground after being thrown at a medium trajectory too a range of about 30-45 yards, I can’t throw worth crap. When my grenade went off it shot up in the air about three feet or so well spinning spraying paint up to about five yards from the place of impact. To sum it up, Squad Busters suck, all the others don’t. oh by the why the reason (this is an educated guess not a fact) Tippman made them that why for safety, if they were super sensitive they could/would go off when you dropped ‘em, plus there made in China what do you expect!?!
Plus one major draw back to a PVC grenade is most people won’t let you throw a big chunk, or a small one for that matter, of PVC pipe, incase you didn’t know it would hurt.

Say Bluetooth, were did you get your tubing I’ve looked a little but can’t find any, that’s why I use the slingshot band/tube/thingy, that and they were on clarence at China-mart…

Spud gun safety rules
judgment_arms
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Killjoy » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:43 am

hmm, well i guess im just unlucky and keep getting screwed up grenades. And yeah i kinda fihured getting hit with a chuck of pvc would hurt but thats what paddings for (and it probably wouldn't hurt anymore then getting hit with a paintball).
By the way ive seen that tubing at home depot and lowes in the plumbing section, you might try looking there.

Killjoy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: judgment_arms » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:52 am

Thanks, I think I will. I’ve look there before but only halfheartedly because I didn’t think that home-cheapo would have it

Spud gun safety rules
judgment_arms
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: judgment_arms » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:13 am

You’re a bit late…oh well I don’t need it, here’s your Spudbuxs
Edit:
Hey where’d he go!?!

Last edited by judgment_arms on Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spud gun safety rules
judgment_arms
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: pyromanic13 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:14 am

what do you keep giving bux for?

Movie dialogue: "The good die first."
Tom: "But most of us are morally ambiguous, which explains our random dying
patterns."

pyromanic13
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

PreviousNext

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion