Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 58 users online :: 4 registered, 1 hidden and 53 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Piston? how does it work?

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Piston? how does it work?

Unread postAuthor: pizlo » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:41 pm

I would like to know how a piston gun works, because i want to use one in a pistol.
so what is it? and what do i need to make it? thx

pizlo
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:50 pm

1:Please search the forums or spud wiki,this would have to be one of the most asked questions so there are LOADS of topics on it. Maybe this will help you: http://forums.spudtech.com/topic.asp?TO ... hichpage=1

2:There is no set material to make them,theyre all homemade and all different(unless you buy one from Sgort87 called a Mauler valve).
You make the piston according to how big you tee is and your barrel and chamber,if you don't know that you need to spend alot of time studying the desgins and concepts and going over old topics until you know what you need yourself.

3:If your making a pistol desgin I would recomend making a co-axial(Barrel inside of chamber, If you dont know what it is search it) And mount the coaxial on a old pistol stock thingy or make your own out of wood. There is atleast one co-ax pistol like the one you want to build, search for it either here or on spudtech.

4:Most of your questions can be easily answered so search first,if you cant find it use the spud wiki located at the top of the page and if you stillcan't find what your looking for you probably could make a topic on it or send a PM to sgort87.

Edit:I just searched piston in the search tool and got 791 matches, either go through them all page at a time or pick out the ones that stand out to you or just read the spudwiki. Sort out the 791 matches by viewing the matches that are in either the "Pneumatic Cannon Showcase" Or the "Pneumatic Cannon Discussion" forum,thats where most pistons will be.

Last edited by MrCrowley on Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrCrowley

Unread postAuthor: Bluetooth » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:53 pm

This should now be deleted mods :D .

Bluetooth
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:55 pm

WHAT! After I typed out all of that! :shock:

Don't even think about it......Especially you! Pimpmann :wink:

Edit:Wink

Last edited by MrCrowley on Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrCrowley

Unread postAuthor: pizlo » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:30 pm

thx i searched first but came up with alot of things that weren't directly related next time ill look more

pizlo
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: squeaks » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:10 pm

I do commend you on your efforts on at least posting in the correct section instead of the how-to section.

"Nine out of ten Americans agree that out of ten Americans one will always disagree with the other nine."
-Collin Mockery
Who's Line is it Anyway

Borrow money from a pessimist, he won't expect it back.

squeaks
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:11 pm

Next time you search and get 800 results just read the topics that are either from "Pneumatic Cannon Showcase" Or "Pneumatic Cannons Discussion" as they will have the most helpful and relevant topics for your needs.

MrCrowley

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: CS » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:31 pm

I stand by MrCrowley.

Bluetooth, quite possibly YOUR post should be deleted. Its stupid as hell, you should PM mods on political issues, and there is no point. He has here provided 4 paragraphs of useful information, for you to come back and say it should be deleted. What a fool!

Believe it or not I do what is best for the forum. You don't need to chime in with your 1-2 liner responses as to what other people should do. If you are, at least give some backing to what your saying.

I hovered over the delete button on your post, but then I thought 'why not let people see the stupid sh*t you post?'

For futures sake, worry about your posting procedures only. Especially when the other obviously put more effort into there post. 4 paragraphs to 1 line. Hmmmm.

As to you MrCrowley, I'm quite surprised that you thought that Id delete your post, and/or the thread.

CS
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:34 pm

I was joking, But yeah I would of been pissed if you did delete it,maybe if I put a smiley in it would of helped you reconise the sarcasm :P

MrCrowley

Unread postAuthor: garrettee » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:30 pm

So MrCrowley you don't know of any direct links with detailed directions on how to build a piston valve? If not or you think I should look like everyone else does I understand.

garrettee
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: schmanman » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:44 pm

there are several threads on this same thing out there today WITH NEW POSTS! do you really need to make another one? just look at recent topics, for CRYING OUT LOUD!

here's another

http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/viewtop ... 997&#54997

Persistence is a measure of faith in yourself
schmanman
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: garrettee » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:36 pm

Hey I appericiate it MrCrowley, that was exactly what I was talking about. Never joined the other site so I guess I didn't know what it had to offer. I now have a much better understanding of how they work. Now I just need to find out the best way to make a piston and the correct way to make the barrel go into the chamber.

garrettee
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:07 pm

That animation is also on this site I just had bookmarked it from when I was on spudtech.

MrCrowley

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion