Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 44 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 39 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

leaking sprinkler valve

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
leaking sprinkler valve

Unread postAuthor: Blaster McSpud » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:36 pm

After about 20 or so combustion guns I decided to try a Pneumatic, a very simple one, and I modified a 1" sprinkler valve. But the valve is bleeding pressure past the diaphram, not much, but just enough to spit paint balls and spuds out of my barrells before I can fire it. Is this normal? If so, can I stop it from leaking? Or is this part of the design of the valve? Input is appreciated, sarcasm is not.........

Blaster McSpud
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: SpudBlaster15 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:49 pm

Take apart your valve and remove the diaphram. Check the diaphram and its seat for debris, and clean as needed. Reassemble the valve, and it should now seal.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
SpudBlaster15
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Blaster McSpud » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:57 pm

I took it apart, cleaned it, and even put a very light coat of grease on the diaphram where it seats against the pressure side of the valve to help it create an airtight seal. Still bleeds a little air. Anyone have internal pics of a properly modded valve? I'd like to see them to make sure I did mine correctly. I'm about to give up on air guns and stick to propane injection.

Blaster McSpud
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: pyrogeek » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:57 am

If all the mating surfaces are clean, and lubed with a little lube, it should work. Maybe your grease is too viscous and is preventing it from sealing right? Maybe you nicked a part of the diaphram or one of the mating surfaces? Is it all mating up right, and torqued down tight enough?
Is it leaking while filling, maybe you are not filling it fast enough?

Is your valve installed the right direction?

pyrogeek
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: SpudBlaster15 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:06 am

After reading the post again, I believe he means that the valve leaks pressure as he fills it, which is normal. The diaphram does not seat completely until the launcher is pressurized to around 20psi. If this bothers you, you can remove the small white cone shaped piece stuck through the diaphram, and the valve will seat almost instantly.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
SpudBlaster15
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Blaster McSpud » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:16 pm

So if I take the factory bleeder out of the diaphram it should help it seal? Will it ever have zero leakage (under pressure) past the diaphram? Thanks to everyone that has offered their input so far.

Blaster McSpud
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: Bluetooth » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:24 pm

Just put in the ammo after you fill it and it will work.

Bluetooth
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Sponsored

Sponsor

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion