Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 70 users online :: 6 registered, 0 hidden and 64 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

I want to build a Paintball Gun

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
I want to build a Paintball Gun

Unread postAuthor: garrettee » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:44 pm

I know this is talked about alot. But can anyone tell me the perfect barrel size fo a specific caliber ball and give me any tips on how to acheive pinpoint accuracy. Or would I just be better off forking up a couple hundered bux and buy one?

" It's ok for a man to commit adultry if his wife is ugly" Howard Stern

garrettee
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: Scope » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:46 pm

Buy one... there is no way you are gunna be able to build one that is even close to the real thing unless you are very experianced.

But the barrel size for 99% of the paintballs out there are in the .68 inches range

Scope
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: iknowmy3tables » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:57 pm

good barrel sizes are 3/4 cpvc, and sch80 3/4 cpvc, but real paintball guns are that much

iknowmy3tables
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: judgment_arms » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:49 pm

If you want accuracy forget an off the shelf gun, unless you pay an arm and a leg. Have you read my topic about my idea for a paintball RIFLE? If not you should, there’s a lot of talk about paintball accuracy, other than rifling. but even if you could machine a rifled barrel, with a perfect rate of twist and tolerances, and machined the rest of it just as good, your still not going to get “pin point accuracy” with my paint ball rifle I’d be happy with a the ability to put four out of six round on a target three inches in diameter at thirty yards, I’d be very happy for that kind of accuracy at fifty yards… but, anyway, you’ve asked about barrel IDs and you’ve got ‘em, my advise is to look at the accuracy of an off the shelf paintball marker and compare your gun to that, if it’s even marginally more accurate look at it this way: professionals build that off the shelf gun and you, an amateur (no offence), build the more accurate gun.
Anyway, I’ve said enough, good luck, and don’t eat the fresh spinach!

Call me "Judge", it's easier to type.

Spud gun safety rules
judgment_arms
Major General
Major General

Location: Not so beautiful North Carolina, but at least it’s the U.S.A.!

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion