Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 61 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 56 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], farcticox1, Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

burst disc?

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
burst disc?

Unread postAuthor: Chimps » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:05 pm

what is a good material to use for a burst disc that would blow somewhere between 100 and 140psi range? I'm making a pneumatic granade. (Pop bottles mabey?)

Chimps
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: zeigs spud » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:27 pm

grenade? hows a burst disk gonna help?

umm i think that is an unsafe pressure for somthing you may hold that is small and that you throw. i make mine outa milk jugs and anyhting like that but thats for safer pressures, i sugest you just knock off about 60 psi to what you want, at least.

zeigs spud
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: Chimps » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:34 pm

so milk jugs burst at what pressure? 80psi was the min. pressure i was gonna use ... uhh so what about pop bottles what psi can they handle???

I'll probably put padding around my granades anyways so the pvc doesn't crack when it hits.

Chimps
Private
Private

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion