Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 74 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 69 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Sprinkler Valve Help

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Sprinkler Valve Help

Unread postAuthor: gadget706 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:49 pm

Ok. I modded an Orbit Watermaster 1" sprinkler valve that didn't have a guide rod. The modding process worked. The problem was, when I went to fire the valve with the blo gun, the air just leaked right through the diaphram. I checked for any obstructions, dried the surface off, and checked to make sure the spring is there. The air just goes right through. PLEASE HELP ME:!:

gadget706
Private
Private

huh

Unread postAuthor: keep_it_real » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:55 pm

Air is supposed to leak through the diaphram. Or are you talking about the top of the sprinkler valve where you tap it to insert the blow gun. If that's where the leak is, make sure the solenoid holes are filled with silicon or something like that.

keep_it_real
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: keep_it_real » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:57 pm

oh wait, I think I see what your saying...

The sprinkler valve just doesn't stop the air flow. my bad. well if there aren't any obstructions, heck if I know. Take it back.

keep_it_real
Captain
Captain

Thanks

Unread postAuthor: gadget706 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:17 pm

thanks for the help. i think that i will take it back to the store and get a new one. the diaphram isn't up to my expectations. thanks again for the suggestion

gadget706
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: sjog » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:51 pm

Getting a new one might not help.
Study the situation, more research!
The valves are painfully simple.
Fill the hole where the solenoid was.
Tap for blo gun.Mod blo gun--un-screw the rubber tip-drill the port larger or cut end off.
The spring is'nt needed, mine works w/out.

Don't be In such a hurry like me.

sjog
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: gadget706 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:10 pm

wait, what do you mean by mod the blow gun tip. mine never came with a rubber tip. I filled the hole where the solenoid was and i put the spring back. Also what do you mean by tap for the blow gun. i used a 1/4" barbed hose adapter with a metal ring to keep it on. the air isn't leaking through the hose. it is leaking through to the other side.

Any help is appricated.

gadget706
Private
Private

Re: Thanks

Unread postAuthor: SpudBlaster15 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:12 pm

gadget706 wrote:thanks for the help. i think that i will take it back to the store and get a new one. the diaphram isn't up to my expectations. thanks again for the suggestion

Your going to take a valve which now has a large hole in the cover back to the store? Something just doesnt seem right about that...

Did you remove the small white piece of plastic that is stuck through the side of the diaphragm? If you did, that is most likely your problem.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
SpudBlaster15
Major General
Major General

Re: Thanks

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: frankrede » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:19 pm

btw, taking the spring out isn't a good idea, unless you were filling from behind the diaphragm, which you aren't, your lack of understanding combined with your fallacies are disturbing.

Current project: Afghanistan deployment
frankrede
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: gadget706 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:37 pm

The small white piece of plastic that is stuck through the side of the diaphragm is still there.

gadget706
Private
Private

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion