Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 63 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 61 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Low Pressure Paintball Tank Regulators

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Low Pressure Paintball Tank Regulators

Unread postAuthor: VH_man » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:58 pm

Well, Ive been trying for a while to make a portable, semi/full auto nerf rifle. i have a shell fed semi-auto version, but i have too hook it up to an air compressor, and its not exactly what i was looking for. when i realized i could use a paintball tank and a regulator, i instantly, and thoughtlessly, went out and bought a painball tank. now im horribly confused. people that have used paintball tanks to fill spudguns, what kind of regulator do i need? i need an output of 0-100 PSI, and it needs to be able to thread in to stock NTP fittings.....

VH_man
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: noname » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:03 pm

Google is our friend. Search paintball regulators, most people use Palmer regs, they're a good brand.

noname
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: VH_man » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:49 pm

thank you. could you give me some kind of diagram on how you hook all this stuff up? i dont see any place to hook the tank to. sorry if this is all known stuff, but i dont want to buy the wrong thing its kind of expensive.....

VH_man
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: frankrede » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:05 pm

simply thread the regulator onto the co2 bottle and attach the regulators outpput to you chamber using brass fittings

Current project: Afghanistan deployment
frankrede
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: shud_b_rite » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:41 pm

Are you looking to use CO2 gas from a paintball tank to power your gun or do you want to use an empty CO2 paintball tank and fill it up with air?

Airbeds... so many different uses
shud_b_rite
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: noname » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:56 pm

Why would he need a regulator if he was going to use it as a chamber for the gun?

noname
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: shud_b_rite » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:05 pm

Thats what I'm saying, I would just empty the CO2 tank (SAFELY!!!) and then use it as a chamber, that way there is no need for a regulator. It saves money, time putting it together, and is just far easier.

Airbeds... so many different uses
shud_b_rite
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: A-98 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:08 pm

but he wants a large air supply, not 1 shot.

There are rules, and then there are hundred dollar bills.
A-98
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: goathunter » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:55 am

As a paintball player I may be of some help. I planned on doing the same thing as you. Is your gun pvc or metal? The regulator and pressure you can run depends alot on that. Just about any adjustable regulator out there can go down to around 100 psi. No guarantees on that but most can go down that low, you might try a GENX reg a little pricey at 109 bucks new but they do work well and are adjusted very easily. Personally I have no experience with palmer regs except for on a phantom. So far as I can tell dang good stuff. Either way an adjustable reg is the way to go. I have a fixed reg (at 230psi) that i use inline with a valve and gauge. It works better for me since I shoot everything from paint grenades to grape shot,and need different pressures for each munition. The regular old ASA are 1/8" threaded on the outlet so put one on the tank and another on the reg to hook them together. Then use a 1/8"close nipple and a bushing to get to a 1/4" NPT from the reg outlet.Hope this helps and have fun. You aren't going to the Tarawa game in Charleston SC by any chance are you?

goathunter
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: VH_man » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:43 pm

exactly how do you hook these things up? it looks like i need a hose from the tank to the regulator.... is there any regulator that just slaps on to the threads of the tank?

VH_man
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: trae08 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:50 pm

http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/online-ca ... female.htm

everything ypu need...hoses,reg,fittings,etc.etc...

your welcome

trae08
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: EGOed » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:14 am

Most paintball gun regulators are ASA thread and screw directly into the regulator block of the gun . The bottom line adapter is where the tank itself screws into and this is also ASA thread . Macro line or braided steel line is used to connect the bottom line adapter to the inline regulator . Many paintball regs do not go down to 100psi . It all depends on the operating pressure of the particular gun you have, so make sure you get a low pressure regulator. Your best option is to get a used bottomline and regulator from a Smart parts ION as these are inexpensive low pressure regulators and will get you down to 100psi . You should be able to find both items on Ebay for less than $50.

EGOed
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: Scope » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:09 pm

Get a palmers. I use them in paintball and they are absolutly the best... they are rediculous. Get a low pressure valve... They are made to reg under 200 psi. Also get a female regulator. It will screw rright into the co2 tank... You could also get an inline. This would allow you to intergrade it into all your fittings. Make sure you get a guage... It doesnt take to much turning of the Input adjust screw to change the PSI ALOT. You might want to get a rocknob. This lets you adjust the PSI without an allen wrench.

Also last but not least. I recomend having a ballvalve AFTER your reg. Because untill you screw in the tank you willnot know the pressure your going to put into the gun. If it is at 200 and you screw in the tank your tank will quickly pressurize to 200 and thats not good... The ballvalve lets you adjust then fill.

Goodluck.

PS. i cannot recomend Palmer pursuit shop enough... They have the best customer service ever. They make a grade A regulator... and they have really friendly staff.

Scope
Captain
Captain

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion