Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 44 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 40 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Easy Mini Piston Fit

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Easy Mini Piston Fit

Unread postAuthor: ethal1222 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:47 pm

I discovered today while working on modifying one of my guns a very simple way to make a piston for a 2" chamber.

I bought a Lasco brand 2" male adapter and a Lasco 1.5" plug. The plug is already a pretty close fit inside the threaded portion of the male adapter. But, to make it even closer, i cut a strip of plastic from a 20oz bottle, cut it to the right length, and glued it to the inside wall of the male adapter.

This gives the plug a nearly airtight fit but still allows it to slide easily and allows the pressure to equalize on both sides.

ethal1222
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: imjustpk » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:16 pm

do you think that the brand really makes that big a difference? i am a newb so i only really know one brand to work with so maybe my question has no merit

imjustpk
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: ethal1222 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:42 pm

I find that certain parts of fittings (like the inner diameter of the threaded portion in this case) do vary slightly from brand to brand. I'm sure other brands and combinations of parts would work just as well. This just happens to be the one I found that works.

ethal1222
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: squeaks » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:04 am

Just check it out at the store to see if it fits. Also, since yo're a self proclaimed noob I'll tell you now. Make sure you buy pressure rated fittings and pipe. Make sure the fittings or pipe either have a pressure printed on them or they say NSF-PW. If it says NSF-DWV instead of NSF-PW then they are no good for a pneumatic and sketchy for a combustion.

"Nine out of ten Americans agree that out of ten Americans one will always disagree with the other nine."
-Collin Mockery
Who's Line is it Anyway

Borrow money from a pessimist, he won't expect it back.

squeaks
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: super spuder » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:26 pm

can you post a picture of it. i am really interested in making one but i am not sure just what you are saying (i jsut use a ball valve right now and i want a piston valve. thanks

super spuder
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion