Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 64 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 61 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

there are 2 kinds of copper

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
there are 2 kinds of copper

Unread postAuthor: roughboy » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:04 am

I found out that there are 2 kinds of copper one is called flexible and the other is called rigid. what kind of copper should people use on there pneumatic spud gun? and which one of the two have more pressure rating?

roughboy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Unread postAuthor: A-98 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:19 am

ya, as for the pressure rating, i dunno which one would have more. but you can use the flexable one fore running from blowguns to valves, plus it looks sexy

There are rules, and then there are hundred dollar bills.
A-98
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: joannaardway » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:00 am

You need semi-rigid (which is probably what you refered to as rigid) pipe for chambers and barrels. It's called semi-rigid because it is still bendable, but not easily.

Flexible pipe can be used to run things like blowguns and pressure gauges to where you want them.
However, it should be bent only once (twice tops), and then left. It's not like flexible plastic hose, as it will eventually give into metal fatigue if over-manipulated.

Usually, flexible is narrow bore, and semi-rigid is the larger diameter stuff.

The narrow bore pipe tends to have a higher pressure rating in the region of above 2000 psi.

But the larger bore pipe is still very tough. It'll take above 300 psi easily, and in the region of 1" and below, over 600 if needs be.

Novacastrian: How about use whatever the heck you can get your hands on?
frankrede: Well then I guess it won't matter when you decide to drink bleach because your out of kool-aid.
...I'm sorry, but that made my year.
joannaardway
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: Hotwired » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:43 am

You can get quite sizeable flexible copper but it's incredibly naff for making barrels and chambers.

It comes in rolls which have to be straightened out and it dents more easily than rigid copper. Only good on cannons as alternatives to pressure hose.

Hotwired
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion