Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 61 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 57 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

School Project Semi-auto pin pon gun

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
School Project Semi-auto pin pon gun

Unread postAuthor: churrito_y2k » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:08 pm

I would like some ideas on the triggering system of materials and functions for self built "paintball gun" posted in http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=160&

what i need to do is use the basic system, to shoot a pin-pon ball across 6 to 8 meters to another identical machine, which catches it (i was thinking in using a net!), loads it, and shoots the ball back to the first one, as long as the machine keeps up this cycle the better the grade for my class. but once one machine is started there can't be any human intervention to activate the machine! i was thinking in using photo-sensors to trigger the machine with a motorwhen the pin-pon ball enters the loading chamber! what do you think? any other ideas? if you have any idea of how to make a compressed air system like in the link it would be much appreciated!

churrito_y2k
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: LGM » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:15 pm

You are lucky to be able to do these things for class.
Use an open breech system, easier for this purpose, and photo sensors in the breech to trigger it. Have the gun hooked up to a compresser for the duration of the shooting for air.

LGM
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: Matheusilla » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:25 pm

I once saw a short vid of someone using a vacuum pressure canon to fire a ping-pong ball. It seemed to go quite far. The way it works probably wouldn't be very useful in your case, though.

Just an idea I remembered that worked quite well with ping-pong balls.

P.M. me if you wanna know more.

Matheusilla
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion