Login    Register
User Information
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Who is online

In total there are 83 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 78 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Orbit Watermaster valve leaking brand new?

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
  • Author

Unread postAuthor: Matheusilla » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:07 am

lol, puff puff pass dude... These valves don't work by pressurizing from the top of the diaphragm. If you wanna do it that way and ya still have the little plastic bleeder from the diaphragm, try turning it around backwards. The little plastic bleeder acts kinda like a one way.

Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: spudthug » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:02 pm

hmm my orbit valve holds 135 psi no problem...after about ten minutes its at like 120 but it holds at 120 for long periods

4" piston valved cannon-half done..( i spilt my cement...)

Hybrid- 75% done. need to build propane holder and drill/tap sparkplug hole..
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: keep_it_real » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:22 am

Apparently I'm not smoking anything cause it works now. It turns out the valves are defective. There's a plastic piece that holds the rubber on to diaphragm. When the diaphragm is down, it was actually resting on the plastic not the rubber so it didn't make a seal. All I did was file down the pipe that the diaphragm rests and viola! And Matheusilla: it does work that way. At least it does on my gun. I just took out the bleeder.

Unread postAuthor: Killjoy » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:26 am

Well thats good it works now. Just as a side note, i made the mistake of not cleaning out all of the pvc bits from drilling a chamber once (Patience is not one of my virtues), and the little shavings got into the valve and prevented it from sealing, but i just had to open the valve and clean it. Sometimes it's just little things caught on the diaphram that prevents its from sealing and cleaning it is all you need to do (not in your case though, it was obviosly a manufacturing problem).

Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion