Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 55 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 51 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

HELP (different)

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
HELP (different)

Unread postAuthor: spudthug » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:30 pm

ok call me a freeking idiot but i have no clue how a blowgun acts as a trigger for a pnuematic gun....do you have iut hooked up to an air compresser at all times???what is going on or do you just squeeze the trigger and somehow it lets the air go???please help because i ordered a modified valve and blowgun from sgorts store and its on its way...i am gonna build a marble shooter with it and i wanna know how the trigger/compressor/blowgun works please post mmmmkay??

spudthug
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: A-98 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:43 pm

Ugh, you’re a "freaking idiot!" :lol:

Now, seriously, I'm going to have to reprimand you for not searching.

Here’s a link bout it http://www.spudfiles.com/spud_wiki/inde ... le=Blowgun, and another about sprinkler valves(modified) www.spudfiles.com/spud_wiki/index.php?t ... dification

Now, on to the 'splainin'. It works by dumping the air on one side of the "diaphragm) which then created a relative vacuum (compared to chamber pressure) that sucks the diaphragm up. This then releases the air. Kind of hard to explain without a diagram, but m too lazy to draw one up.

There are rules, and then there are hundred dollar bills.
A-98
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: spudthug » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:46 pm

lol yes thanks i am an idiot i know how the valve works but i dont know how the blowgun lets it go and ill look at your links now i hope they help me. thanks a-98

spudthug
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: rna_duelers » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:54 pm

Well if you understand a piston/diaphragm valve then you can understand how they work,as they are a chamber sealing diaphragm valve.So maybe search chamber sealing diaphragm valve Hint Hint.

Do a little research before you post something like this as there are plenty of posts explaining how they work.Also use the spudwiki its at the top right of the Home page.

I'm not going to spoon feed you and I believe not many other will either so start searching.

rna_duelers
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: A-98 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:56 pm

yes, i spoon fed you, but i gave you something to chew, i didnt give you an exact link( i wanted to, but ran out of time)

however, i think im too soft on noobs, but i hate flaming ppl, cause i know whats it like to be flamed when your a noob( damn bungie.net forums....)

still, hope that helped

A-98
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: spudthug » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:01 pm

yea it helped a-98 and rna...i researched since my last post today that was what 2 hours ago???and the thing a-98 posted helped a little bit but i need like a diagram or some animation of it working or something of how the trigger works so shut up rna and you dont know what your talking about i searched through 15 of the 23 pages of pnuematic discussion and the wiki and found not 1 post on the working of a blowgun...so there you go atleast a-98 was nice...buthole rna...

spudthug
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: imablackskater » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:15 pm

I'm sorry but nobody really knows for sure how a blowgun works my guess is that it is simple the trigger pushes a sheet of metal with a hole in it till the air way is completely open and if you mean how it works as a pilot valve that is simple it just lets the air out so the air on top pushes down making the air way open. both are simple to me but I'm not sure if the blow gun is more confusing.

imablackskater
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: rna_duelers » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:20 pm

You want to know how a blow gun works??A spring A piston and a hole...Why not search Google Try that Trust me,how many people do you think have come in here asking the same question??Probably hundreds.So look around instead of being a lazy fork.

rna_duelers
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: frankrede » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:23 pm

You are an idiot "imablackskater" people do know how a blowgun works, their is countless pictures and animations showing the insides and how it works

Current project: Afghanistan deployment
frankrede
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: imablackskater » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:25 pm

well maybe i have other things to do than research random crap you know why because I dont care how it works as long as it works

imablackskater
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: spudthug » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:33 pm

a-98 and imablackskater are like 2 out of the few that are nice on this forum...now i like frank but rna is a wack job and hes mean.....and i explained how long i searhced...and NO ONE had a question of a blowgun on here so there u effing GO!!!!!!!!!

spudthug
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: dippydodo03 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:59 pm

Nobody on this forum has manners do they? There is always an experianced spuder flaming a noob. WTF!!! What they don't realize is that they were noobs once as well. In my opinion, the experianced spuders act more like noobs than they think.

People that bash noobs can suck me!!!
dippydodo03
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: imablackskater » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:00 pm

I know what you mean it happens to all of us you just have those days were you cant find any thing its been 5 hours of searching and you feel you deserve to ask and you do but beware of the risk that people with the answer will flame you.

imablackskater
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: noname » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:02 pm

Find a couple of Foxxlord's pneumatic guns, they're posted by PCGUY. PCGUY put a link to his site on all of the cannon pages which Foxxlord's guns are in. Look around his site for a link that says "Super Blowgun." It gives a diagram on the insides of one, you should be able to figure out the rest.

noname
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: A-98 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:55 pm

^^ There, that is a sensible post.
I think I should tell everyone to NOT POST UNLESS YOU HAVE SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE TO SAY. Seriously, this thread is turning into a flame war.

spudthug: don’t diss rna, he’s a good person, but, like allot of ppl on this forum, he is aggravated by people who don’t research. You may have done research, but from the nature of your post, it sounded like you didn’t. Now, for constructive criticism. never. I repeat, never call some one a buthole. Its just plain lame. Use a better insult...I wont give you examples because I would be a bad influence*irony*. And it would probly get cencored anyway.

imablackskater wrote:I don’t care how it works as long as it works
damn, that’s deep :lol: kind of my philosophy on life to!

A-98
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Next

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion