Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 41 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 36 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Barrel for my launcher

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Barrel for my launcher

Unread postAuthor: Jeht » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:22 pm

i have a launcher i made using a 1'' barrel. i have plenty of stuff to shoot with but i would like to make a barrel to launch golf balls and tennis balls. i tried the fit of the tennis ball in a 2 1/2'' pipe and its a little tight bit i think it will work. the golf ball however i cant find a pipe to fit. i sleaved a 2'' pipe with a rain gauge thats a perfect for the golf ball but i would like a pipe that fits.

Im glad i found this place, you guys are extremely knowledgeable of this stuff, i wish i found this place 2 months ago.

Jeht
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: Pete Zaria » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:29 pm

Welcome to the forums.

Run a search on "golf ball barrel" on this site or Google and you'll instantly find what you want. The Wikipedia article at the top of the page would also tell you. Point is, please search befoer posting next time :)

I'll spoonfeed you:

1.5" SDR21 pipe is a *perfect* fit. However, it's thinwall pipe and is weak - so you sleeve it inside 2" SCH80 pipe to make it nice and strong.

Pimpmann22 sells it on his site - http://tonymann22.tripod.com/id2.html unsleeved for $1.50 a foot or sleeved for $3 a foot - best price you'll find online.

Call some plumbing / sprinkler shops out of the phone book and ask if any of them have it. 1.5" SDR-21, and 2" SCH80.

What valve are you using? What size is your chamber?

Peace,
Pete Zaria.

Pete Zaria

Unread postAuthor: Jeht » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:55 pm

1'' modded sprinkler valve
the chamber size is 4''X 2 Ft. Sch 40

Jeht
Private
Private

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion