Login    Register
User Information
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Who is online

In total there are 75 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 71 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

DBTBG - New idea for pneumatic

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
  • Author

Unread postAuthor: pyrogeek » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:36 pm

If you were to make the chamber out of like, 4 or 6 inch pipe, and have the fittings be larger also, then neck them down to 2.5 for the barrels right where they go in it may work. But, big fittings like that are expensive and aren't rated as high. Maybe a semi auto or bolt action would be better?

I'm weird, I know it, you don't need to tell me.

Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: TalonXxX » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:47 pm

@ Flying_Salt, here is another way to implement your idea, however it would make the barrels very far apart and might not look as good as a result. Just picture the barrels and tee horizontal instead of vertical... I haven't quite figured out how to do 3D models...

Ya, no way am I working with 4 or 6" pipe. I'll probably just go with my original design and to hell with power, see what happens and if worse comes to worse I can still salvage the valve and two barrels.

Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion