Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 73 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 68 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], mrfoo, MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

piston valves for sale

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 

what porting would you like?

1/2" porting inside a 3/4" or 1" T
11%
3/4" porting inside a 1" T
11%
1" porting inside a 1-1/4" T
11%
1" porting inside a 1-1/4" T
11%
1-1/4" porting inside a 1-1/2"
No votes
1-1/2" porting inside a 2" T
11%
2" porting inside a 2.5" or 3" T
11%
2.5" porting inside a 3" T (special, hard to find fittings)
No votes
3" porting inside a 4" T
33%

Total votes : 9
  • Author
piston valves for sale

Unread postAuthor: A-98 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:43 pm

Ok, I have an idea for the making of barrel sealing piston valves. I was wondering what porting people would be interested in, and would be the most productive for me to sell.

I haven’t decided on any prices yet, due to the fact that A: I'm not sure what porting I'm going to make and B: I'm not sure how labor intensive it will be.

You can open the valve and it will be fully serviceable, and it will have o-rings. Also the fittings will be totally flush (not lathed down, but it wont have extensions coming off the back for the piston. I will try and offer them at a fairly reasonable price, and I will make them look nice, and I can customize them to your liking (within reason, given that I don’t have a machine shop). For example, I could build different port sized to your liking.

This mainly depends on whether or not I get my drill press.

I have put up a poll, but if you have any suggestions, feel free to post them.

In theory I could buy what I need to make portings all the way from 1/2" to 4" but that would be damn pricey and I would have to raise the prices accordingly to get my money back (depending on demand, I would only raise a bit)

The main advantage of my valves is that they are going to be well made, for a low price. They may not be as nice as the mauler series (ill test the prototype for performance) but they will be cheaper

The availability/sized of these valves would depend mainly upon the availability of the necessary parts (o-rings, T's, fittings, etc.)

There are rules, and then there are hundred dollar bills.
A-98
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: benstern » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:44 pm

I for one would like to own a 3" porting piston valve.
Would the performance of a 3" valve beat the performance of dual 2" piston valves?

benstern
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: SpudMonster » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:04 am

The cross-sectional area of 3" pipe is over twice that of 2" so I'd say it is well within the realm of possibility it would beat 2 2" ported valves.

SpudMonster
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion