Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 60 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 56 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Clear Plexiglass Piston Problems. FIXED!!! WORKING GUN NOW

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: spudthug » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:39 pm

thanks you rad! i have been saying his pressure washer is the handle all along....he kept saying no no no...no offense dem jsut saying ive been pointing it out...

4" piston valved cannon-half done..( i spilt my cement...)

Hybrid- 75% done. need to build propane holder and drill/tap sparkplug hole..
spudthug
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: demilus » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:44 pm

HAHAHAHAHAH!! SUCCESS!!!

The problem didn't lie in the piston ( as I previously thought. Shows how much I know about piston valves :oops: ).

I thought the pressure washer handle would work, and therein lay the problem. Right now it looks retarded, what with the pressure washer screwed right into my sprinkler valve at a 90 degree angle :lol: . Oh well, performance beats out looks any day. It's night here, so I picked the closes thing to shoot at. A bag of mulch. STRAIGHT THROUGH WITH A MARBLE!!! HAHAHAHAHAH!!! I"M SO HAPPY THIS IS WORKING!!

Even though this cost me like $50 in parts, I achieved my original objective...learn how to make a piston.

Special thanks to spudthug, rad14701, hawkeye, and chaos. This is why I love this site.

TIME TO GO SHOOT SOME SH!T!!! THANKS AGAIN!!!

What would you suggest I use instead of a sprinkler valve. I want something that has a trigger (i.e. not a ballvalve) and is as low profile as possible. THANKS AGAIN!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!

Last edited by demilus on Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
demilus
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: spudthug » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:47 pm

yay!!! i love when im right...u could of had this piston working a week ago if u would have listened to me!!! ugh i am jsut glad it works.. ucan probably put a ball valve on there u no..it wont look as retarded as a sprinkler and will most likley work...u may need a 1/2 ball valve...

btw congrats!! is this a comp gun??

oo i jsut looked again and u said not a ball valve....umm u could use a small qev with ur pressure washer as the trigger...hmm....maybe u could have the ball valve to the side and make a modified trigger type looking handle on it...does btb use ball valves as ports?? it looked like it but it had a funky handle on it...anyway ball valve are probly ur best bet...

Last edited by spudthug on Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4" piston valved cannon-half done..( i spilt my cement...)

Hybrid- 75% done. need to build propane holder and drill/tap sparkplug hole..
spudthug
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: rad14701 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:52 pm

Great...!!!

Although I've learned over the years to go back and re-read entire forum threads when problems don't get resolved quickly, as I do in my own forum, I failed to do so here until just before my last post... Had I started over at the beginning again, and more closely examined the images, rather than relying on memory, I would most likely reiterated spudthugs diagnosis sooner...

Remember to post some damage pic's...

rad14701
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: chaos » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:54 am

TIME TO GO SHOOT SOME SH!T!!!

And post the damage!!!lol happy to help man.

ey keep the sprinkler and the pressure handle, but put a elbow on the pressure washer handles nozzle end.

then it should still be comfy to hold and more or less fun to shoot :)

peace
chaos

chaos
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: demilus » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:53 am

Yay new pics!
This is probably not gonna be a comp gun, as it is a piece of sh!t.
Definately not my best work, so I don't really wanna have my name associated with this :D .

I am currently planning on making a gun really similar to the B.E.C.C paintball cannon. Well, actually, it is gonna be a lot like it, but with a few changes made to suit my paintball needs. Hooray scenario games!
I'd probably want to submit that. When is the comp over?

Anyway, this thing is a beast. These shots are all under 100 psi. I need more stuff to shoot at :twisted:

Attachments
HPIM3832.jpg
This is a frisbee. I shot this at about 70 psi. It went through like it wasn't even there. Oh, and this is one of the real heavy duty ones, it's about 1/8" thick.
HPIM3833.jpg
About the only thing I had to shoot at were popcans. I want some steel soup cans to shoot at. Looks like it's soup for lunch! The one on the far right was full of water when I shot it.
valve closeup.jpg
Hehehe. My ghetto ass valve. This thing is so awkward to hold! And really hard to aim like that! I'll fix it eventually with a few elbows and whatnot.
whole gun.jpg
What a gun. I love this thing. And yes the barrel is that crooked. I soldered with one eye, cut me a break. Stupid scratched cornea. It's definately more powerful than it looks!
demilus
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion