Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 58 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 56 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

new type of co2 injection

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
new type of co2 injection

Unread postAuthor: hi » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:24 am

does anybody here know anything about these...

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/ebikes ... /04-PU8014

i was thinking i could use it when im at a friends house and away from my beloved air compressor. it just uses 12 gram co2 and fills with a schrader valve. i was just wondering if anybody knows if these work well and if they are worth buying.

"physics, gravity, and law enforcement are the only things that prevent me from operating at my full potential" - not sure, but i like the quote

you know you are not an engineer if you have to remind yourself "left loosy righty tighty"
hi
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: keep_it_real » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:32 am

They work really well. The only problem is a 12g cartridge costs 50 cents. Since it is co2 you don't want to overfill the chamber. Make sure you have a guage

heres a good link:http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/12gram-co2-chart-t244.html

keep_it_real
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: hi » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:43 am

yes, but that chart is based on a single co2 cartrage. could I pump it up to 100 psi, then fire, then repeat the process over and over, or would i have one shot and only one shot? My question is, does it seal after it is detached, or do i have to use it all at once? i know id only get about 5 shots, but its better than only one.

"physics, gravity, and law enforcement are the only things that prevent me from operating at my full potential" - not sure, but i like the quote

you know you are not an engineer if you have to remind yourself "left loosy righty tighty"
hi
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: keep_it_real » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:46 am

It does seal after you take it off. You let air in by pressing a trigger on the co2 adapter so you can take it on and off the schrader valve without emptying it all.

keep_it_real
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: hi » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:18 am

keep_it_real wrote:They work really well. The only problem is a 12g cartridge costs 50 cents.

thats ok, after i use it, i can launch it. :twisted: (evil laugh)

hi
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: hi » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:21 pm

has anyone ever used one besides keep it real? im going to buy on, i just would like to know if they are really worth is before i buy one.

hi
Major General
Major General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion