Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 68 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 63 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

FullAuto machine gun

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 

Would this work?

I have studied your plan, it will work.
25%
I have studied your plan, it wont work.
No votes
I am a pussy and wont position myself.
75%

Total votes : 8
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: Fnord » Sat May 05, 2007 4:33 pm

Heh.. sorry. Like most people, I just saw your post count rather than your joined date :) I figured you already knew what you were doing, but I would rather tell you something you already know than let you screw up. When I screw up it gets very frustrating sometimes, and I wouldnt want anyone else to have to go through some of my mistakes :)

Fnord
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: iPaintball » Sat May 05, 2007 4:47 pm

That design seems really complicated to me, but it seems like it would work perfectly!

iPaintball
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: keep_it_real » Sat May 05, 2007 6:18 pm

I thought of maybe one problem.

When you fill that main first chamber and it leaks through the calibration hole, since calibration holes leak relatively slowly, the spring pushing the piston back will move slowly as more pressure gets in front of the piston. So it could make for a slow release of air.

keep_it_real
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: CpTn_lAw » Sat May 05, 2007 7:06 pm

_Fnord : Lol, no problem buddy; i joined a while after i began building spudguns. And thanks for perhaps helping me not to do a mistake!

Keep_it_real : Calibration holes are in fact very wide, and let the air pass very quick. the holes i drew at the right of the main chamber are just to prevent the chamber to explode from the back pressure.
The design works fine. i've tested it on a crap ghetto prototype.
Just need to buy some strong stuff and make it a multi shot piston rifle!
I understand the physics behind the project, i have a basic knowledge of spring mechanics and spring-relied systems. I'll work it out, for the moment i'm going to sleep, i'm back from a very pleasant evening with my friends, and i'm tired! See you tomorow guys!

"J'mets mes pieds où j'veux, et c'est souvent dans la gueule."
CpTn_lAw
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: CpTn_lAw » Fri May 11, 2007 5:39 am

I've just thought of someting...the main problem with multi-shot pneuatics is that they are limited by he amount of air, and unless you wanna spend all your money in a CO2 setup + regulator and fitting, i think i've found a cool way to do it.
What if you got a compressed air container, a propane tank, inject both in the chamber at each shot, but in very small amount, then light the mix? it would be like a small hybrid multi-shot machinegun!!!!!! Plus the amount of pressure created and the heat, the hot gazes would travel quicker than normal air. Higher speeds at lower costs. Hey tell me what you think about it?

The ignition system could be an ignition coil linked to a small 12 volts motor, and magnetic plate to create continuous sparks.

"J'mets mes pieds où j'veux, et c'est souvent dans la gueule."
CpTn_lAw
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion