Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 52 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 47 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

sprinkler valve mod

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
sprinkler valve mod

Unread postAuthor: dobieharris » Sun May 06, 2007 3:15 pm

i have a 1" rainbird in line valve and want to mod it.i see juicy has the exact same one as shown in his pics on the topic of my tennis ball pneumatic.anyway,i can see how he attached the blow gun,but what exactly do i do to it to mod it?what do i do with the two small holes left open when i remove the electric solenoid?can i just screw in a brass plug?when i remove the black vent plug,where im going to attach the blowgun,do i drill all the way though?i know of course to remove the housing before drilling to avoid debris and damage to the internals.any info would be helpful.thanks,dobie

dobieharris
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: jrrdw » Sun May 06, 2007 3:47 pm

Dude. At the top of the page is a butten that says Wiki, there you can do all your own research, good luck.

When life gives you lemons...throw them back they suck!
jrrdw
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Unread postAuthor: dobieharris » Sun May 06, 2007 4:21 pm

ive read that and it doesnt answer my question.i know it says to expoxy the two holes,which i dont care for it and it could end up in the valve,so i was wondering if i can just screw a brass plug in place of where the solenoid was?i can try it by trail and error,but i thought someone would know?can i just leave the solenoid in place even if i add the blowgun mod?

dobieharris
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: keep_it_real » Sun May 06, 2007 4:28 pm

Yes you can leave it in place. Still I think you should take the solenoid off and epoxy it. If your that worried about getting epoxy inside the valve, take the top off, glue it and if you have any excess, which you won't, you can sand it off.

keep_it_real
Captain
Captain

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion