Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 66 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 62 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

New concept

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
New concept

Unread postAuthor: Scope » Mon May 07, 2007 7:41 pm

I have decided to start the proscess of building a field worthy paintballgun thats more on the custom side. Origonaly i was gunna build a Spimmy(spyder body with intimidator internals) but i was turned of by the fact that they are just as expensive as a normal one... and i have never been overly impressed by intimidators, they rock.. but nothing amazing.

well i decided that because i have acsess to machining and wwhat not that i could build my own. I have a notebook full of valve designs, and paintball gun designs. I think this one will be the most practical and offer a good performace per work/price ratio.

Before i get started the animation is very halfa$$d. Its only to give you all an idea of what im trying to achieve. Im going to build a pvc and metal protype thats prob 4x scale. Just to see if the system works. The gun its self. If the concept shows good hope, will have the bolt milled in 2 steps, so that the bolt will not just shoot out he gun. It will also be slotted to stay facing the right dirrection. The valve control will be a 4 way valve controlled by a timmy frame mostlikely. if needed i can throw an LowPressureReg before the valve. The paintball system will use a 2 way ram. This way it will be much more efficient and let me time the bolt firing timing, dwells and such.
The protoype will just be ball valve or sprinkler valved and the bolt will have to be reset every shot.
Here is the animation.
Blue is body, Green is bolt, Black is paintball/ammo, orange is airflow/ light green is the hollow section of the bolt.

There is more stuff i have worked out... but its nitpicky so im not gunna type an essay here.

Comments? do you guys think this is a possible idea??
Any ideas, fixes.

Scope
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: paaiyan » Mon May 07, 2007 7:48 pm

I would seem like it might work. How are you going to get it to move back to load another round, spring?

"Who ever said the pen was mightier than the sword, obviously, never encountered automatic weapons."
-General Douglass MacArthur

Read my dog's blog - Life of Kilo
paaiyan
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Scope » Mon May 07, 2007 7:50 pm

I mentioned right above the picture. The actual gun, post protype model, will feature full electronics, 4 way valve, and 2 way ram. That way i can actuate the ram back and forth, all under computer control.

Scope
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: paaiyan » Mon May 07, 2007 7:53 pm

Oh, my bad. I'm at work and I'm just scanning through stuff.

"Who ever said the pen was mightier than the sword, obviously, never encountered automatic weapons."

paaiyan
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Scope » Mon May 07, 2007 7:57 pm

Hahah its fine. I appreciate any imput at all!
I realize that some of the paintball stuff might be a bit confusing, just the termoligy. Just stick with me here haha.

Scope
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: iknowmy3tables » Mon May 07, 2007 8:00 pm

why would you make a a gun for paint ball that depended on electronics, whats wrong with the diverting valve and piston valve method with blow forward bolt
I could help you to make a design that is 100% pneumatic

iknowmy3tables
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: keep_it_real » Mon May 07, 2007 8:22 pm

What are you making electronic? the trigger so it's automatic?

iknowmy3tables: why not make it electronic? If you can make a reliable system that would be sweet.

I think you've got a good idea going here. I like it when the firing piston also acts as the bolt. It decreases possible failures. I think you should post some of your other ideas.

keep_it_real
Captain
Captain

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: paaiyan » Mon May 07, 2007 8:34 pm

Scope wrote:Hahah its fine. I appreciate any imput at all!
I realize that some of the paintball stuff might be a bit confusing, just the termoligy. Just stick with me here haha.

paintball terminology I'm cool with, I just wasn't paying attention. My gun is a Spyder TL-R.

paaiyan
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Scope » Mon May 07, 2007 8:39 pm

Why make an electro paintball gun?
Speed, Control, More modes, Intelligence.
Manual guns are becoming more few and far between in the high end world. Other then pumps there are really not any tourni level electroguns.
This gun is aimed to the low pressure, high cost, high ROF, high consistancy crowd.

Thats why i choose electronics.

I hear you on pneumatics.. I have a few my self. Including a custom build autococker... that i happen to love, but electronics are deffinalty one of the less negotiable terms on this design.

Keepitreal, The trigger and valve would all be electronic. This would allow for all the things mentioned above. Also yes, automatic, semi, 3shot, ramp, responce, and all the tourni modes would be included. I would most likely use a T-board or a virtue board in it. And o yea thanks for the compliment. The one piece design was my goal.

keep um coming!!

Scope
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: paaiyan » Mon May 07, 2007 8:42 pm

Wait, isn't shot ramping banned in tourneys?

paaiyan
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Scope » Mon May 07, 2007 8:53 pm

Some, for example, psp allows ramping up to 15 bps. Nxl allows full auto up to 15bps.

Everyones different. Ive never seen uncapped ramping allowed at an event though... nor would i want to....

OK back to the idea... does anyone have any tips... there are alot of smart minds in this forum... does anyone wanna look over this for me?

Scope
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: paaiyan » Mon May 07, 2007 8:56 pm

Looks like a good concept to me, very doable. I really can't think of anything to do to it concept-wise. i say just do it and let us know the performance and then we can go from there.

Jesus, I really need to get out of the house right now.

paaiyan
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Scope » Mon May 07, 2007 9:25 pm

Haha yea this is turning into an iam conversation more then it is a forum conversation.

Scope
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: paaiyan » Mon May 07, 2007 9:27 pm

Eh, whatever. We aren't breaking any rules, we're just having a conversation about your idea. it just so happens that we're the only two participating.

paaiyan
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: pyromaniac » Mon May 07, 2007 9:31 pm

i think this will work. but let me get this strait compressed air comes inthe bakc moving the bolt forward alowing air to move through the bolt and this whole proccess is reset by a pnuematic ram?

:pottytrain3:
pyromaniac
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Next

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion