Login    Register
User Information
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Who is online

In total there are 72 users online :: 6 registered, 0 hidden and 66 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

2'' air chamber

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
  • Author

Unread postAuthor: mega_swordman » Fri May 18, 2007 5:19 am

I can't really tell you, but I can give you advice. First, if you want to use higher pressures, the best would be to go with a ball valve. Secondly, how much pressure do you want to go with? Aiming big is good, but it gets to the point where it is ridiculous. And lastly, we can give you an answer better with the thickness of the iron. The dimensions don't really matter because we can't tell how thick it is by the diameter (but we can guess.)

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." George S. Patton

Unread postAuthor: roughboy » Tue May 22, 2007 1:06 am

Ok, so never mind the modded sprinkler valve, i'll just use my 3/8'' ballvalve, the max psi on it is 600psi, So could someone tell me how many psi can i put in my gun, it's a all galvanized pipe, piston gun and the trigger now is my 3/8'' ball valve.

Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Unread postAuthor: Orpackrat » Tue May 22, 2007 2:58 am

I have been using 1/4" though 1" ball valves with Co2 (800+ PSI) without any leaks even in high temperatures (higher pressure).

One of these, the outlet is 1/8" you can use pipe adaptors to get up to your chamber size and run it off of a paintball Co2 tank, I would recommend getting a 1" ball valve for you cannon and with the size of chamber you are going for, this thing will have lot's of power so install a long barrel, possibly from 2" PVC.

K.I.S.S. "Keep It Simple ******"

1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion