Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 72 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 67 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

propane bottles?

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
propane bottles?

Unread postAuthor: mopherman » Fri May 18, 2007 10:25 pm

have any of you guys ever seen a propane bottle used as a chamber on a pneumatic. it has somewhat funky threads, but i think it would work

mopherman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Fri May 18, 2007 10:33 pm

What type of propane bottle? The huge 20kg ones used on BBQ's or the blue propane bottles used for metering combustions? I think i've seen both used on a pneumatic but I can't remember what gun they're on.

MrCrowley

Unread postAuthor: hi » Fri May 18, 2007 10:34 pm

it has a built in valve, so that would have to go, and it would have to be 100% empty and completly aired out because you would have to weld it to 3/4'' pipe.

this is by the way totally pointless, cosidering that you could make one of the same size with a fire extinguisher in half the time.

but to answer your question, yes you could, but as i said, there is no point, even though they are metal and look kinda cool.

and also, to get the check valve out, you would have to cut it open because the way they put the check valve in is they put it in and wled the canister shut. i really dont think its worth it, but if you have a welder and a few other not-so-normal tools, then im sure it would work.

"physics, gravity, and law enforcement are the only things that prevent me from operating at my full potential" - not sure, but i like the quote

you know you are not an engineer if you have to remind yourself "left loosy righty tighty"
hi
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: mopherman » Fri May 18, 2007 10:37 pm

:violent2: :violent3: . my propane bottle gun idea just got scrapped.
im gonna hit the sack

mopherman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: super spuder » Fri May 18, 2007 11:22 pm

i was going to use a propane bottle on my marble shooter, but a scraped the idea, and made my own chamber out of pipe.

trying to decide on a new project, probably something small.
super spuder
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion