Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 78 users online :: 6 registered, 0 hidden and 72 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Anti-Siphon valve

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Anti-Siphon valve

Unread postAuthor: origin unknown » Mon May 28, 2007 10:10 pm

I just found out about these valves while seaching ACE hardwares website. I think they use pistons, after seaching them up in google, they are called anti-siphon valves. Link to the place in ACE were I found them: http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1337000&cp=&sr=1&origkw=sprinkler+valve&kw=sprinkler+valve&parentPage=search&searchId=17061231233

Ecclesiastes 1:9 - What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.
origin unknown
Colonel
Colonel

Location: Searcy, Arkansas (college) and Memphis, TN (hometown)

Unread postAuthor: hi » Mon May 28, 2007 11:44 pm

i think it uses a diaphragm.

anyway, my normal water master inline valve says that too. all it means is that dirt and moss and stuff like that wont go in.

at least i think thats what it means, i could be wrong.

"physics, gravity, and law enforcement are the only things that prevent me from operating at my full potential" - not sure, but i like the quote

you know you are not an engineer if you have to remind yourself "left loosy righty tighty"
hi
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: frankrede » Tue May 29, 2007 12:04 am

They are nothing more than a sprinkler valve with another 90* turn in it.
They can be modded firther to help prevent the air from taking too many turns by drilling a hole on the anti-siphon side(black)(not the valve part)
take it apart and you'll see.

Current project: Afghanistan deployment
frankrede
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: jimmy101 » Tue May 29, 2007 1:27 pm

I'm pretty sure that the "anti-siphon" valve is basically a back flow valve (though the exact workings are a bit different).

The reason it is there is to prevent water from flowing backwards through the valve and contaminating the city water supply.

All household water suppllies, IIRC, are required to have a backflow valve. Usually, where the house's water pipe connects to the city main.

On a sprinkler valve the anti-siphon feature prevents dirty water from being sucked back into your household water supply if the supply pressure drops too low.

jimmy101
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: Panzerfaust » Tue May 29, 2007 8:03 pm

I had one of those on my original gun. They are just diapraghm valves contanied in a u bend shape. I have been told that in-line sprinklers work better, and after i switched to an in-line i would say my gun got somewhat of a power boost.

Panzerfaust
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion