Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 63 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 60 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

piston valve help

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
piston valve help

Unread postAuthor: rednecktatertosser » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:20 pm

i need a little help on the topic of piston valves. is it possible to make a serviceable piston valve without using orings? and also if i already glued an end plug into my piston would it be possible to use screws just as reinforcement?

rednecktatertosser
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: noname » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:22 pm

Yes, you can make a serviceable piston valve, just use threaded fittings in the back end of it. You can use screws, but it won't do anything extra if you've solvent welded it properly.

noname
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: rednecktatertosser » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:26 pm

thanks man, its not the solvent weld quality im worried about its the fact that i cut down the plug to make the construction cleaner looking

rednecktatertosser
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: turbohacker » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:45 pm

if its the piston your talking about than it shouldnt matter because it dosnt have to contain any pressur in side of it- a photo would be nice, if you can :)

turbohacker
Major
Major

Unread postAuthor: rednecktatertosser » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:58 pm

sorry im having trouble putting up the paint version of the valve and my camera is broken ill see if i can borrow one tomorrow and get you the pics. however i didnt shorten the piston. i shortened the plug on the pilot end of the tee that houses the valve.

rednecktatertosser
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: noname » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:59 pm

It'll be fine anyway. You can put in screws if it makes you feel safer, but I honestly don't think it'll matter much.

noname
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: rednecktatertosser » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:01 pm

ok well thanks for the advice. ill have pics tomorrow of the whole cannon, and DAMAGE PICS :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: after me nd modder and maybe the professor have a shoot day.

rednecktatertosser
Colonel
Colonel

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: Modderxtrordanare » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:44 am

I don't think the professor is going to go, he hasn't answered any of my PMs.

But, he solvent welded it properly, I was there. The thing is, he cut down the length of plug to actually be there so theres more room for the piston to actuate.

I drew a (really) shitty drawing of it, in litterally 30 seconds. It's not much but ittl explain a bit. Picture is worth a thousand words.

My piston is the same way, kinda. The plug is cut down in the back, so I'm gonna put some bolts through it just in case.

Modderxtrordanare
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: rednecktatertosser » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:10 pm

yeah he got it right on the money, mostly cause i made it in front of him. and i have experianced problems with the piston. it wont seal properly. any time i fill it up with air it just leaks right past the sealing face. any suggestions?

rednecktatertosser
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: Modderxtrordanare » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:24 am

rednecktatertosser wrote:yeah he got it right on the money, mostly cause i made it in front of him. and i have experianced problems with the piston. it wont seal properly. any time i fill it up with air it just leaks right past the sealing face. any suggestions?

We both used that 40mil shower liner stuff that they sell by the foot at Lowes/Home Cheapo as material for the sealing face. Neither of them would seal properly, so what would one suggest as a new material.

Oh, we can't obtain any neoprene washers or anything locally. I heard that using a chunk of mousepad works fine too? Anyone able to vouch for that?

Modderxtrordanare
Donating Member
Donating Member

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion