Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 37 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 33 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

12 gram co2 ??

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
12 gram co2 ??

Unread postAuthor: roughboy » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:26 pm

Iv'e heard people using those 12 gram co2 powerlets on there spud gun.is it possible? how many shots does it have or is it a single shot cannon? is it strong like the other spudguns on this forum or stronger?how is it done?

roughboy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Unread postAuthor: rednecktatertosser » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:36 pm

i have done that with some of my cannons before. i made a little adapter to fill the chamber through a schrader. you need to start with one of these and then go to lowes and get fittings to connect it to your chamber via your desired method. i have filled a 2"x42" chamber using 2 of the cartriges then i shot the spent cartriges. i also filled a 3"x6" chamber using one of the cartriges, i believe the latter got up to around 90psi. however im not sure about the first one. i hope that answeres your question.[/url]

rednecktatertosser
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:46 am

Yes it is possible. It is done via a CO2 bike pump usually. Please search next time. It is all over this forum. There is no set pressure it will pump a pneumatic to, Its all to do with the volume of your pneumatics chamber.

Here is the chart that tells you how much PSI you will get for a certain chamber size out of one 12g CO2 powerlet.

http://www.spudfiles.com/spud_wiki/inde ... _cartridge

And please don't ask how to calculate it.

MrCrowley

Unread postAuthor: spud-tom » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:27 pm

isn't it easier to just use a 20 ounce co2? Than you can just conntect it to your cannon?

spud-tom
Corporal
Corporal

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion