Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 82 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 77 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

C:B

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: Acdcmonkey1991 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:32 pm

I know for sure that they can withstand more than 200 psi because I have them on all my cannons. I usually pump them all up to about 210 psi and I've never had a schrader fail...
BTW, I know I helped you the most... :wink:

VH was awesome!!
Current projects:
C02 Jetpack (CIIJ)
Waterjet vehicle
.177 cal. piston rifle
Acdcmonkey1991
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: Jumpin Jehosaphat » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:40 pm

The schrader valves sold on BCArms say they are rated to 160 psi, but I'm not sure if that rating assumes they are attatched to threaded PVC or another metal fitting. You probably don't have to worry about it. Most air compressors don't go past 150 psi. What are you planning on using to fill your chamber?

Jumpin Jehosaphat
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Unread postAuthor: NoXi » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:02 pm

im jus going to use a bike pump. I am right now using a schrader valve from a bike tire and it went up to 90 psi. I think thats the max it can go on my pump. It didnt leak or anything.

NoXi
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: Acdcmonkey1991 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:41 pm

Really, I've taken tire valves much higher than that... do you mean that it exploded or that it just didnt put any more air in?

VH was awesome!!
Current projects:
C02 Jetpack (CIIJ)
Waterjet vehicle
.177 cal. piston rifle
Acdcmonkey1991
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: NoXi » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:52 pm

it didnt put any more air in. I thinks its my bike pump though cuz after i get it up to 90, like water and air jus comes out at the end of the pump. I have a decent bell pump. I have this one http://www.amazon.com/Bell-Airstrike-1800-Floor-Bike/dp/B000NVNED6/ref=sr_1_4/103-5049409-0776636?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1182455414&sr=1-4

I think ill have to buy another one that can pump higher. Do you guys recommend any good, cheap bike pumps that you can buy in stores?

NoXi
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: Acdcmonkey1991 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:09 pm

Right here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/good-aluminum-bike- ... dZViewItem

This is the same pump I have, I think it goes up to like 300 psi, that's what I've taken it to. i couldn't find it anywhere else but ebay. lol :D :lol:

VH was awesome!!
Current projects:
C02 Jetpack (CIIJ)
Waterjet vehicle
.177 cal. piston rifle
Acdcmonkey1991
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: Jumpin Jehosaphat » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:46 pm

Most bike pumps get hard to pump around 70 psi...
Bikes dont need very high pressure.
I'm not sure about 300 psi with a bike pump, few mechanically operated pumps can reach that kind of pressure...

Jumpin Jehosaphat
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: NoXi » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:50 pm

Acdcmonkey1991 wrote:Right here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/good-aluminum-bike- ... dZViewItem

This is the same pump I have, I think it goes up to like 300 psi, that's what I've taken it to. i couldn't find it anywhere else but ebay. lol :D :lol:

i had that one!!! it sucked and broke though.

Jumpin Jehosaphat wrote:Most bike pumps get hard to pump around 70 psi...
Bikes dont need very high pressure.
I'm not sure about 300 psi with a bike pump, few mechanically operated pumps can reach that kind of pressure...

hmm, then what can i use to get up to that pressure?

NoXi
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: Jumpin Jehosaphat » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:11 pm

You could get a small air compressor, but they can be expensive rarely under $100...
You could use CO2, but the regulator setup for them can cost over one hundred dollars, and you have to pay for refills.
You could buy a portable air tank with a decent pressure rating, they usually cost between $20 and $30 for a 5 gal tank. You could fill your chamber as much as you can with a bike pump, then get that last bit of pressure with air from the tank. That way you wouldn't have to refill the tank as often. You can get compressed air at any gas station for free where I live (some require you to purchase gasoline, but few places leave their compressor station attended/restricted), but you should check in your area because that is due to state law where I live.

Jumpin Jehosaphat
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Unread postAuthor: NoXi » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:22 pm

i already have a air compressor.

i already have co2 regulators from my old paintball gun since i paintball alot. I have like 2 co2 tanks and 1 hpa tank.

NoXi
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: Jumpin Jehosaphat » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:09 pm

:o Then just buy a tire filling attachment for your compressor.
For even higher pressures use regulated CO2 or HPA. HPA is a lighter gas than CO2, so you will get better performance.
If you are going to use CO2, your only worry is that if liquid CO2 comes in contact with PVC, it will greatly weaken the pipe, and make failure of the material likely, but since you already have a copper construction, you can use CO2 without worries.
I know next to nothing about paintball, do CO2 and HPA use the same kind of regulator and attachments, also which is cheaper to refill?

Jumpin Jehosaphat
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Unread postAuthor: TurboSuper » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:25 pm

chaos wrote:
TurboSuper wrote:Tubeless tire valves (teardrop shaped) are actually better and more readily available than their threaded cousins.

sorry but that is not true, i nearly had one pop out of its hole into my hand, they are only rated to 60psi

I usually take my cannon up to ~110 PSI with no problems...mabye i'm just getting lucky. I also leave the connector attatched to the compressor, mabye that equalizes the pressure some.

"If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you" - Darwin Awards

TurboSuper
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: NoXi » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:54 pm

you can use hpa in co2 regs, but u should use co2 in some hpa regs beacuse since co2 is dirty, it could mess up the reg. I am using an expansion chamber which is found on most spyders and spyder clones. It is good for co2 and hpa. Bob long torpedo is good for co2 and hpa and one of the palmers and AKA regs are probably the best in the market. I already have a tire filling attachment for my compressor. i think that my dad might get mad at me tho but ill try. I just pumped my gun up to about 120 psi!! YAY!! i shot a double aa at a concrete wall right now and the battery shattered. wow

NoXi
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: Jumpin Jehosaphat » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:40 pm

That sounds impressive. You should take a few pictures of the cannon and post in the pneumatic cannon showcase.

Jumpin Jehosaphat
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Unread postAuthor: NoXi » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:26 pm

lol i will once i paint it and everything cuz its ugly right now. Ill try and post it either monday or tuesday.

NoXi
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

PreviousNext

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion