Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 71 users online :: 3 registered, 1 hidden and 67 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

M203 Launcher for paintball/airsoft

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: spud yeti » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:12 pm

I like your mini gun! Haha, coincidentally, I saw it here and now on your link at the same time! It confused me a little how the diaphram part worked, but I think I got it! :wink:
Good idea for this though!
Peace

spud yeti
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: NoXi » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:49 pm

spud yeti wrote:You have said you want to use a C02 tank and regulator, but you can just use the CO2 tank as a chamber, which is less risky and saves the regulator cost. What you do is MAKE SURE IT IS EMPTY!, then unscrew the front and fit it to the pipe with fittings and a bike valve before your "air release valve" to pump air into the tank. It works just fine and is cheap and not too expensive and safe! Look on other sites for more info or just ask because I havent tried it yet!

actually, i already have a regulator from my old gun cause i have a lot of paintball guns since i paintball a lot. I gotta 2 spyders, bko, and a pm6. So i dont really care about the reg. I think its better to have the reg so i can adjust the pressure.

singularity wrote:if you plan on making this thing compact your going to need to use a coaxial setup, but that would mean it could not be loaded like a normal m203 (sliding barrel). if you plan on mounting this thing under the barrel of a gun you would probably want to go with something similar to <a href="http://home.comcast.net/~irwinner/mini_can.html">this</a> i made it a while ago, it uses a diaphragm valve and is very powerful for its size. relocate the trigger (which is connected to the pressure release to behind it and replace the schrader with your co2 line and a small ball valve.

Nice gun. I would do it like that but during a game, i dont want to have to keep pumping it up. I could jus use a co2 tank or a 12 gram thing. Also, if I wanted to do it like urs, i would have to make mine bigger since the barrel is going to be 1 1/2" in diameter. JW, what is a diaphragm valve?

Last edited by NoXi on Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NoXi
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: singularity » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:34 pm

well if you wanted a 1 1/2 inch barrel you would need a 2 1/2 to 3 inch outer chamber if you went with my design which would mean the thing would end up being huge and not worth mounting under a gun. now if you could use a 1 inch barrel you could have a 2 inch outer chamber which would make it a reasonable size. a diaphragm valve is a type of homemade valve that is commonly used on smaller diameter cannons, and it opens incredibly fast. <a href="http://www.spudfiles.com/spud_wiki/index.php?title=Diaphragm_valve">this page</a> explains how it works pretty well. and i mentioned how you could replace the schrader valve (bike tire fill valve) with a co2 line. in fact i plan on using one of these on my new inline vortex gun with reg'ed co2.

be sure to check out my <a href="http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/ak-style-airsoft-vortex-gun-t10959.html">AK Styled Vortex Gun</a> and my <a href="http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/at-4-t9627.html">AT-4 Rocket</a>

upcoming projects... finalized clip fed BBMG and ball point pen sniper
singularity
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: NoXi » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:44 pm

oh ok, maybe ill do it later cuz right now, im working on a pneu cannon. I have 1 1/2" abs to 3" abs and 1" pvc. I might have to buy some new pvc but at home depot, they dont have pvc over 1 1/2"

NoXi
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: singularity » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:18 pm

you do realize your not suppose to use abs for pneumatics, right? abs is only suppose to be used for combustions. what home depot doesn't sell large diameter pvc, is it a small home depot?

be sure to check out my <a href="http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/ak-style-airsoft-vortex-gun-t10959.html">AK Styled Vortex Gun</a> and my <a href="http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/at-4-t9627.html">AT-4 Rocket</a>

upcoming projects... finalized clip fed BBMG and ball point pen sniper
singularity
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: NoXi » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:30 pm

i know that im not supposed to use abs. Actually the home depot is pretty big. I think it has 2" but i gotta check again.

NoXi
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: spud yeti » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:23 am

Youre lucky to have the regulators! Then definitly go ahead with that. Just use the entire mechanism and braded piping that takes it into the gun and adapt it to yours. You could use an over under design with the co2 under the barrel aswell, to make it more compact. just use 2 tees. Then you could have the sprinkler valve on the side. What you think? Ican draw you a pic at school today, but how do you put them onto the forum???????

spud yeti
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:28 am

Scan the picture, save it to your computer then upload it to the spudfiles hosting thingy or photobucket.com etc. Then get the URL of the picture copy and paste it into a message highlight with your mouse then click the box in the posting box called 'Img'

MrCrowley

Unread postAuthor: NoXi » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:45 am

what i did was draw it on paint, upload on photobucket, then jus copy the [img] thing on photobucket and jus post here.

NoXi
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: spud yeti » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:56 am

Thanks a lot, new thing learnt for the day! Im nearly finished drawing it and will post it on when im done!

spud yeti
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: NoXi » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:32 am

ok cool. Will it be small though? I dont want the sprinkler valve like hanging out to the side and getting shot. can't the sprinkler valve break if it gets shot by a paintball?

NoXi
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: spud yeti » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:02 am

I doubt that it would break, but you have a point that it might make a bit of a target. Uhhh,..... ideas ideas...... dont really have any more hay! but i will think about it. Maybe we could get creative and make one! Thats what I normally do! :D

spud yeti
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: NoXi » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:39 am

lol hmmm, i want something small like a ball valve but easy to fire like a sprinkler valve or a blowgun

NoXi
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: spud yeti » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:48 am

Ja, I know what you mean! Why dont youjust use a ball valve for now and we can think about it and design something decent!!!

spud yeti
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: NoXi » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:11 pm

ya thats what i was thinking. So whats a way to connect the chamber to the barrel that is short?

The barrel is going to be about 7" and the chamber will be around 8". thats about a 2:1 ratio.

NoXi
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

PreviousNext

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion