Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 65 users online :: 6 registered, 0 hidden and 59 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: anello, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Help me work some stuff out... Bolt action..

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Help me work some stuff out... Bolt action..

Unread postAuthor: socoj2 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:25 am

Again another paintball launcher thread... I am trying to duplicate this launcher..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoDvhJlk ... ed&search=

Air source

68 CI/ 4500 PSI compressed Air Tank.

needs. Regulator

Operating pressure.

36 in barrel 30 CI chamber 100 PSI or lower will give me the 250 FPS target speed im loking for.

Question though, i want an electric Trigger So with a sprinkler Valve. i can mod it to use a smaller electric solenoid..

Where on gods green earth can i find a solenoid hthat is cheap, most of these are huge and run $50+ each.

Paintball gun noids would work but most of them are 3 way noids... 1 in 2 out, i guess since im just venting to atmosphre on this part i could use one of these?

lastly whats a good source for PVC, home depot did not have anything closely resemblying that H pipe he has the gun based around.

socoj2
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: hi » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:11 pm

just use the solinoid that comes with the sprinkler valve, its not that bulky. it doesn't have npt threads, so finding a soilinoid that even fits wil be hard enough.

i right now would like to suggest a QEV (quick exhaust valve). you will get maybe another 75 feet out of it. you can use a sprinkler valve, but qev's are better.

the pvc is just sch40 pvc that has been painted blck. you can get it any where really. home depot, lowes, ace, any hardware store should have pvc and fittings.

just as a precausion, you should install a pressure release valve, that way if the regulator fails it doesnt blow up in your face.

"physics, gravity, and law enforcement are the only things that prevent me from operating at my full potential" - not sure, but i like the quote

you know you are not an engineer if you have to remind yourself "left loosy righty tighty"
hi
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: socoj2 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:24 pm

Ok... so how to i use a solenoid to active a QEV?

socoj2
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: socoj2 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:25 pm

NM. i found the correct solenoid and how to use it to discharge a QEV..

now for some math..

24" inch barrel
22 CU chamber
100 PSI

Gets me about 260 FPS with a nerf Rocket...

Could i get a way with a 1/4 or 1/2 inch QEV?

and where do you guys buy your QEVS?

socoj2
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion