Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 66 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 61 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

help!!!

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
help!!!

Unread postAuthor: xops007 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:42 pm

i am a newbie at making air cannons... i made on with a 2 liter bottle and i have a butterfly valve for a "trigger" and i was wondering if someone could help me make a awesome penumicatc gun that has a trigger ( the sprinkler valve one ).....

thank you if u decide to help me

xops007
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: hi » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:47 pm

this goes in pneumatic discussion, not the "how to database (not for help me posts"

anyway, ill help the best i can.

take a peice of pvc pipe and put a cap on it, then glue on a male adapor. screw in into the sprinkler valve. mod the sprinkler valve. add a barrel and schrader valve and your set.

oh ya, welcome to spudfiles, home of a bunch of teen agers and overgrown adults that make silly contraptions out of plastic pipe. (sorry if i offended anyone)

"physics, gravity, and law enforcement are the only things that prevent me from operating at my full potential" - not sure, but i like the quote

you know you are not an engineer if you have to remind yourself "left loosy righty tighty"
hi
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: mopherman » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:50 pm

hi wrote:
oh ya, welcome to spudfiles, home of a bunch of teen agers and overgrown adults that make silly contraptions out of plastic pipe. (sorry if i offended anyone)

Ahem, i prefer High Velocity Produce Accelerators.
anyways good luck with the cannon

mopherman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: xops007 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:52 pm

ok, ty for the "were it goes" what is a male adapter, schrader valve and do u need a piston? and how do i put my question on "pneumatic discussion"
thank you

xops007
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: hi » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:01 pm

you move it by very nicely asking a mod, but it really isnt a big deal.

a schrader valve is the type of valve on a tire. this is so you can fill it up with a bike pump or a air compressor.

a male adaptor is a fittin that is glued on to the end of a pipe and lets you screw it onto a sprinkler valve.

you dont need a piston if you use a sprinkler valve. the sprinkler valve already has a piston in it, but it is a diaphram instead. its basicly a rubber piston.

"physics, gravity, and law enforcement are the only things that prevent me from operating at my full potential" - not sure, but i like the quote

you know you are not an engineer if you have to remind yourself "left loosy righty tighty"
hi
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: xops007 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:10 pm

thank you soooooooo much for helping me out.... but i still dont understand the male adapter.... i am only 13 lol

xops007
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: hi » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:15 pm

im not much older, built my first when i was 12.

this is a male adaptor. this screws into a female adapor, or in this case, it screws into a sprinkler valve.

hi
Major General
Major General

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: iPaintball » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:16 pm

A male adapter just adapts pipe to male threads. Male threads are on the outside of a fitting, and female threads are on the inside. And if you're wondering why they are called "male" and "female" threads, they refer directly to genitalia ... :lol:

Summer Projects:
CO2 tank hybrid: Gotta fix the meter :(
Cane gun: Needs a pilot/fill setup
1.5" piston valve gun: Almost done
iPaintball
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: xops007 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:53 pm

thankyou guys soooooooo much.....

xops007
Private
Private