Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 36 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 31 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Pneumatic Cannon Plans

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: lukemc » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:30 am

actualy 1.5" sdr 21 is less common than 2.5" shc 40

"Those who are different change the world. Those who are the same keep it that way"
lukemc
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: andybigfoot2 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:38 am

What can I shoot soda cans with? Or Soda bottles? And where do i put the shcrader valve? Does the sprinkler valve have to be modded? Or can I buy one ready to use?

andybigfoot2
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread postAuthor: lukemc » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:44 am

schrader valve in the chamber any where realy i like mine in the end caps and you will get much better performace with a modded sprinkler

"Those who are different change the world. Those who are the same keep it that way"
lukemc
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: andybigfoot2 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:51 am

If I have dual chambers I just put the schrader in one of the valves? And the modded valve... where do I get that? Or can I mod it myself? HOw would I operate the un-modded valve?

andybigfoot2
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread postAuthor: lukemc » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:03 pm

un modded you connect some nine volts to the solinoid (the little black thing on top) put you schrader in the chamber not the valve. and as long as your chambers are connected you can just put it them anywhere

lukemc
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: andybigfoot2 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:09 pm

Ok cool. So I can follow the directions to the firing mechanism on that link earlier. If the barrels is threaded and can be screwed in, then it can be breech loaded, right? What size chambers should I buy if I want to have interchangable barrels for soda cans, bottles, golf balls, and or tennis balls.

andybigfoot2
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread postAuthor: lukemc » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:14 pm

pneumaticly modify it its real easy and improves performance alot. your not going to be able to shoot cans very well with out it http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/modding-a-sprinkler-valve-t305.html

lukemc
Colonel
Colonel

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: Modderxtrordanare » Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:14 pm

You obviously need to read up a little on cannons, because as it seems to me, everyone in this thread has spoonfed you all the information, without any work on your part.

Spudding since '05. Proud waster of plumbing and plumbing accessories.

-Wiki
-How-To: Modding a Sprinkler Valve
Modderxtrordanare
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: andybigfoot2 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:23 pm

I understand now :). I am a beginner so I couldn't really do much. I had no idea where to start. And I did read up on cannons, but I didn't know any helpfull websites or anything. I built combustion cannons before, but this is totally different.

Also Im wondering since I can't find 2.5'' pvc, what can I launch out of a .5",1",1.5",2", or 3". Those where the only reasonable sizes I could find. And Home Depot had no U shaped sprinkler valves, they really wheren't helpfull. Screw them lol.

andybigfoot2
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread postAuthor: Modderxtrordanare » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:26 pm

andybigfoot2 wrote:Also Im wondering since I can't find 2.5'' pvc, what can I launch out of a .5",1",1.5",2", or 3". Those where the only reasonable sizes I could find. And Home Depot had no U shaped sprinkler valves, they really wheren't helpfull. Screw them lol.

Dude, look around a little.

Spudding since '05. Proud waster of plumbing and plumbing accessories.

-Wiki
-How-To: Modding a Sprinkler Valve
Modderxtrordanare
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: andybigfoot2 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:26 pm

Can I make a cannon using an in-line valve? Im having lots and lots of trouble finding u shaped valves. I only found these, and they have low pressure ratings.
http://www.sprinkler.com/buy/item/irrit ... alves/2792
http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/RainB ... 0-asvf.htm

I went to many stores and none of them had U shaped 1" valves that had pressure ratings that were above 100psi. I need help finding a low cost valve for a starting cannon. And how would I trigger a solenoid valve? Does it already come with an electric piece to do so?

andybigfoot2
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread postAuthor: psycix » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:28 pm

andybigfoot2 wrote:Can I make a cannon using an in-line valve? Im having lots and lots of trouble finding u shaped valves. I only found these, and they have low pressure ratings.
http://www.sprinkler.com/buy/item/irrit ... alves/2792
http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/RainB ... 0-asvf.htm

I went to many stores and none of them had U shaped 1" valves that had pressure ratings that were above 100psi. I need help finding a low cost valve for a starting cannon. And how would I trigger a solenoid valve? Does it already come with an electric piece to do so?

Get an inline valve in combination iwth 2x 90 degree elbows to make the U :)

Simple as that
Or get a T-valve with one 90 degree elbow

psycix
Donating Member
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion