Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 83 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 78 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

piston pistol idea

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: keep_it_real » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:15 am

http://science.howstuffworks.com/revolver2.htm

You can use a ratchet and prawl similar to the one in that link.

http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/revosemi-t7694.html
Theres the one I made. Don't know if you've seen it yet but I would go with the design in the first link.

UNLESS... Your best bet would be to make a revolver that you just turn by hand and secure it with a sliding bolt similar to the Rev-X: http://www.advancedspuds.com/revolverx.htm

Edit: go to boltsniper.com and look at the pistols he made. They look very realistic. I forget what he modeled them after though.

keep_it_real
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: us sniper » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:24 am

I was wondering what valve to use to make it look like a revolver.To make it turn I am using parts from a cap gun.

us sniper
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Unread postAuthor: turbohacker » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:31 am

Your pressure is only going to build up behind the piston, not chainber.

Your only other option is a piolet valve, it has to be just the right size for maximum efficency.

<-- This is not a cat avatar

If it walks like a dog, sratches like a dog, and barks like a dog, than its probobly a...-TURTLE, it's a TURTLE!!! Cant you see?!!!

frankrede wrote:Great googlay mooglay!
Thats a beast!
turbohacker
Major
Major

Unread postAuthor: us sniper » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:41 am

I do not understand what you are talking about. For the first pistol I am going to use a piston valve. I am asking what valve would make it look the most like a revolver.

us sniper
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Unread postAuthor: turbohacker » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:49 am

The piston valve you show will not fill up the chainber because the o-rings will trap the air behind the piston.

Attachments
gun drawing.GIF
read this
gun drawing.GIF (32.85 KiB) Viewed 207 times
<-- This is not a cat avatar

If it walks like a dog, sratches like a dog, and barks like a dog, than its probobly a...-TURTLE, it's a TURTLE!!! Cant you see?!!!

frankrede wrote:Great googlay mooglay!
Thats a beast!
turbohacker
Major
Major

Unread postAuthor: Jolly Roger » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:18 am

Sorry, I forgot to mention it must have some sort of somewhat restricted flow into the chamber. You could simply drill a hole in the piston (not the middle) small enough so it will still go back but big enough to fill the chamber quickly. Just like a normal piston co-ax though the "leakage" is through the piston, not around it. And depending on how big you make the pilot area, if you place a large valve on the back, you will only be 'wasting' that area of pressure, give or take a little. And honestly, it wont be that much really.

Jolly Roger
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: keep_it_real » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:44 pm

us sniper: I would go with a piston valve in a tee and the chamber can double as the grip. For the pilot valve I would put a sleeve valve on the back. This can be found on page 435 of mcmaster. This will also make it semi-auto (just the valve not the loading system). You could construct the trigger something similar to clide's semi auto paintball gun: http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/semi-auto-t160.html

keep_it_real
Captain
Captain

Sponsored

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion