Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 75 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 70 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Need some serious help...

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: wilonpill » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:00 am

Da Pneu Kid wrote:Run it un regulated. Just have a small metal chamber and a metal ball valve ror the main valve. It's way cheaper then using a regulator.

You do realize that if i did that i would end up pressurizing the chamber to over 700PSI.

wilonpill
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: Fnord » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:09 am

People have made unregulated co2 guns before. Most smaller sch40 steel should handle it with no problem. You might have to shop around for ball valves, though. The 1/2 inch ball valves I have are rated to 500 psi, so exceeding that could cause leaks. Just guessing though.

Fnord
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: wilonpill » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:42 am

_Fnord wrote:People have made unregulated co2 guns before. Most smaller sch40 steel should handle it with no problem. You might have to shop around for ball valves, though. The 1/2 inch ball valves I have are rated to 500 psi, so exceeding that could cause leaks. Just guessing though.

The thing is that i just don't feel safe with that kind of pressure. Maybe down the road.

wilonpill
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: dongfang » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:47 pm

Hi,

I think you will need a secondary buffer chamber between the regulator(s) and the valve - unless the regulators are fast enough to supply the gas directly, which I doubt. But maybe you already thought of that.

The buffer chamber could be dimensioned by the usual C:B rules-o-thumbs.

Regards
Soren

dongfang
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: fretmelter » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:16 pm

why not have it like this. you could biuld the holding tank for air then the barrel and all tht. then to fill your tank you buy the smallest ball valve u can find (6.00$) then get an ASA...(like 20 or free if u have an old on).... (its a little block of metal tht u puck the HPA tank to) then adapt tht to the ball valve. then to fill your pvc chamber SLOWLY open your valve little by little untill u get the right pressure u want by lokking at the gauge on your pvc chamber. see u dont need a reg. if u fill it slowly with the tank. then from your HPA tank you could fill your canon many many times. and it will cost u at most 26 dollars for it.

fretmelter
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: mike1010 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:05 am

thats a nice idea but it will cause problems down the road if he accidently opens it all the wau or a friend does it will throw pvc shards all over the place not to mention in the above statement supper high rated ball valves arent easy to fing especially at 700+ psi, and a higher end one would cost more than 6 $

mike1010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Unread postAuthor: lukemc » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:32 am

i think your over complicating it trying to run it un regulated and stuff. if it was me i would make a simple inline sprinkler valve cannon and use a aire compresser (i think you mentioned you had one)

2" pvc chamber--2" to 1" bushing--1" sprinkler valve--1 inch barrel

you will need various other parts and fittings but this is the basic idea. its cheap works well and simple to make

"Those who are different change the world. Those who are the same keep it that way"
lukemc
Colonel
Colonel

Sponsored

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion