Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 67 users online :: 4 registered, 1 hidden and 62 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Help me build a full copper-marble/paintball gun

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Help me build a full copper-marble/paintball gun

Unread postAuthor: glasklar » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:26 pm

I'a new here and don't know much about this sort of guns, i also don't know so much english so don't tease me for miss-spelling :D.

I need help to build a gun, only in copper and with a pressure meter. I want it to be able to shoot marbles and paintballs, I got as much money as i need(wich means i want it do shoot real hard, like penetrate a tank(or atleaset make the marble explode so i don't get it bounced back and killing me)). So i need you experienced guys to help me, that means i want a blueprint and where i can order the pipe/valves/pressure meter/the pump thing(I'm going to use a bice tire pump and a compressor).

m i also would like if it looks as much as possible like a rifle, in the form..
(like http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/7650/fullcannonne2.png , with the handle a bit from the end and a shoulder support)

Thanks for the help :)

by the way, i menchened that i wore new in this sort of things, so explain as good as you can please, and i might sound rude and demanding but its not meant to, just that my english is so bad that i cant explain in a other nicer way :)

A "breech" system like this would also come very handy
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/ ... G_1062.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/ ... G_1064.jpg

Thanks again to all those who are willing to help me :)
and please dont calle me rude or anything like that, im just a spoild swedish guy with bad english who gets to build a nice painball/marble/spud gud for my birthday :)

glasklar
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:59 pm

Before I help you I need to know if you actually know how these guns work. I don't want to give you a blueprint to a gun that can kill someone without knowing that you know how everything works and you are responsible enough with it.

People may give you some diagrams but don't expect a proper blueprint. Also because you live in Sweeden we wont know the stores that stock these types of pipes and valves and other pneumatic parts etc. So your going to have to research those yourself. I also believe there is a member on these forums who is also Swedish, he goes by the name of 'Galfisk', You should PM him.

Last edited by MrCrowley on Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrCrowley

Unread postAuthor: TwitchTheAussie » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:59 pm

This is why we need a plans section. Anyway mate my suggestion is have a look at the show case section at the several copper cannons and also the marble/paintball guns for inspiration. We dont hand out plans and blure prints (yet hopefully) but Im sure you can come up with something of your own.

I suggest a QEV or a piston valve as both are good for high pressures. The breech you want is called a sliding breech and its easy to make one. That picture of the cannon in the first link reminds me of one on here (just cant think who made it :? ).

Anyway mate just have a look around at the how-tos and the showcase section and Im sure you can come up with an idea of your own.

Raise your horns if you love metal.
spudgunning is like sex, once you've tasted, you can't wait til next time.
-
CpTn_lAw
TwitchTheAussie
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: VH_man » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:18 pm

that cannon is the copperhead prime

and yes, a QEV is the way you want to go, just make sure its rated to the proper pressure.

what i do is i go to the hardware store and lay all the parts i think im going to need on the floor. basically, i do a mock-up of my cannon on the floor of home depot out of just fittings. then, i just buy 10 feet of whatever pipe i need and im good to go

seriously, try it. you might get some odd looks, but its hella better than going home and realizing that "that other fitting over there" would have worked better.

EDIT: youre also gonna find that its HARDDD to make a marble shatter on impact. at 450 FPS my marbles riccochet off of rocks............. thats 22 ft/lbs.

VH_man
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: rednecktatertosser » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:22 pm

I dissagree that is not the copperhead prime. this is the copperhead prime

"When you tell some body something, it depends on which part of these United States your standing in, as to how dumb you sound."
-Burt Reynolds as: Bo "Bandit" Darville
rednecktatertosser
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: Hawkeye » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:23 pm

There is a gun in the pneumatic showcase that is basically an exact copy of the gun Galfisk made. There is practically a blueprint for it as well. Just use a repair coupling for the breech slide cover and make a marble sized hole through it and the barrel. Rotate to line the holes up and rotate to seal. A repair coupling is practically an airtight fit and a smear of teflon pipe thread sealer between the barrel and coupling will make it nearly 100% sealed.
No need for a gauge with copper when using a bike pump. You can usually get a high pressure track pump to go to 180-220psi with a bit of body bounce to the pump handle. You really can''t push it to a dangerous level.

Hawkeye
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: VH_man » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:27 pm

rdnktatertosser: are we talking about the same"first gun listed?"

neway, it doesnt matter. and i can get my bikepump to 300 PSI......... kinda gets the air hose all hot but w/e.

VH_man
Major General
Major General

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: glasklar » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:53 pm

First of all, yeah it is the copperhead prime on the first picture ( http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/copperh ... t6013.html )

second, i know how they work just not how to build a real good pneumatic, and i know the risk. I have built a canon that use propane and it shoots like 300meter (don't know if you guys use that sort of metering but its around 960feet)

And the reason why i don't go to the hardware store by my self is because i have no idée whats good to use wich means i will have to make 1, then if i don't like it i have to make a new one, and so on sad and if you guys help me with the diagram of it and tell me what pipes that are good i will be able to remake it a bit if i don't like it then ask you if it looks okey then buy it, saves me allot of time and money.

sorry if I wrote real bad now but its 5 pm here so I'm kind of tired xD

glasklar
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: Modderxtrordanare » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:54 pm

VH_man wrote:rdnktatertosser: are we talking about the same"first gun listed?"

neway, it doesnt matter. and i can get my bikepump to 300 PSI......... kinda gets the air hose all hot but w/e.

If I were you, I'd invest in either a shock pump, or an air compressor.

Spudding since '05. Proud waster of plumbing and plumbing accessories.

-Wiki
-How-To: Modding a Sprinkler Valve
Modderxtrordanare
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: glasklar » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:54 am

I didn't find anything from Galfisk :S I even did used the search button bud didn't find anything there either :S is the thread deleted or am i just missing it?

I would also like to get a plan over the copperhead prime, thought about copying that one and make some small changes, but i dont know how the valve work, is it modded? and where do he inject the air? and that sort of things

glasklar
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: rednecktatertosser » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:13 am

VH_man wrote:rdnktatertosser: are we talking about the same"first gun listed?"

OOPS, i missed the first link, yes, you were right the first one listed was the copper head prime :oops:

If you want to get a shock pump they cost like 20 bucks for one that goes to 300 psi

Edit: Here is some of galfisk's work, also you could PM him to get more detailed info about his gun, and where he buys his parts from.

"When you tell some body something, it depends on which part of these United States your standing in, as to how dumb you sound."
-Burt Reynolds as: Bo "Bandit" Darville
rednecktatertosser
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: glasklar » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:49 pm

Im looking in galfisk homepage now and reding in his thread that u linked me, but i cant se the pictures and the site where he post them has deleted them. Btw, i think hes norweagan or dannish or something like that cuz it aint on swedish in his homepage

glasklar
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: Hawkeye » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:37 pm

The "marble shooting piston gun" on page 21 in the pneumatic showcase has the layout you need. Galfisks original(copper marble cannon) is on the same page but posted by PC Guy.

Hawkeye
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: Infernal Maveric » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:20 pm

If you would like me to, I could do you a MS paint drawing of a decent looking copper gun that looks a bit like Copperhead Prime if you want me to. I can make a piston or a QEV diagram for you. I have no clue as to what size copper pipe comes in over in Sweden, so for the diagrams, I will use the UK standard, 15mm and 22mm copper pipes. Ill draw/post them tomorrow :)

Infernal Maveric
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: glasklar » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:40 pm

"Infernal Maveric" omfg, i think i just fallen in love with you :P

Can you make a close drawing of the piston/qev because i don't think i fully understand them xD but i will probably talk to galfisk soon, got his msn now and he was swedish even thou his site is in another language so he will probably tell me how the valves work

glasklar
Private
Private

Next

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion