Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 81 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 77 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

think this would work?

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
think this would work?

Unread postAuthor: mopherman » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:59 pm

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a92/mo ... AGRAM1.gif
my idea for a semi auto
its uses a paddle interupter feeder that cuts off the mag when air hits it.
black=barrel +chamber
blue=receiver tee with the paddle in it
yellow=sprinkler valve with a hose to propane and a blowgun
grey=spring loaded mag
sorry for the half assed diagram guys, but you get the picture

mopherman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: paaiyan » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:04 pm

I think it would work, in theory anyway. I do, however, think you would need a ball detent, perhaps just a piece of felt on the inside of the barrel where the round loads into to keep the ball from rolling out before you fire. Most paintball guns have them.

"Who ever said the pen was mightier than the sword, obviously, never encountered automatic weapons."
-General Douglass MacArthur

Read my dog's blog - Life of Kilo
paaiyan
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: mopherman » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:05 pm

ok cool, but do you think my chamber would compleetly empty before the propane refilled the pilot chamber?

mopherman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: paaiyan » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:10 pm

Well, that all depends on the flow rate of the propane and how much is in the chamber. I would think you could make this easier by putting a small ball valve on the hose to the pilot. That way you could make sure. I haven't actually used a madded valve myself so I couldn't tell you exactly how that might work for you, but that's my suggestion.

"Who ever said the pen was mightier than the sword, obviously, never encountered automatic weapons."

paaiyan
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: mopherman » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:13 pm

ok, i was hoping that the propane would refill the pilot fast enough to stop iot from compltetly delpleating the chamber. i guess trial and error then.. :?

mopherman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: paaiyan » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:16 pm

mopherman wrote:ok, i was hoping that the propane would refill the pilot fast enough to stop iot from compltetly delpleating the chamber. i guess trial and error then.. :?

Oh you don't want it to deplete it, I see. I thought you were wanting to make sure it emptied. Well if you don't want it to, I'd say just play with the flow rate of the propane till you get it right. Just remember, if you're using the chamber for more than one shot, each one is going to be weaker than the last, and that's a pain in the butt.

paaiyan
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: mopherman » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:20 pm

paaiyan wrote:
mopherman wrote:ok, i was hoping that the propane would refill the pilot fast enough to stop iot from compltetly delpleating the chamber. i guess trial and error then.. :?

Just remember, if you're using the chamber for more than one shot, each one is going to be weaker than the last, and that's a pain in the butt.

nope, the propane should constntly refill the chamber.

mopherman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: paaiyan » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 pm

OK I see. Well I think that would work. Yes, I can't see any problem with it, but you may want to find someone with more experience with pneumatics just to double-check me.

paaiyan
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: mopherman » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:30 pm

paaiyan wrote:OK I see. Well I think that would work. Yes, I can't see any problem with it, but you may want to find someone with more experience with pneumatics just to double-check me.

yeah, i was thinking that but it would be mean to say it. thanks for your help anyway :) !

searching for a modern day savior from another place,inclined toward charity,everyone's begging for an answer,without regard to validity,the searching never ends,it goes on and on for eternity
-Bad religion
mopherman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: paaiyan » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:38 pm

mopherman wrote:
paaiyan wrote:OK I see. Well I think that would work. Yes, I can't see any problem with it, but you may want to find someone with more experience with pneumatics just to double-check me.

yeah, i was thinking that but it would be mean to say it. thanks for your help anyway :) !

Hey, I understand. I haven't actually done a modded sprinkler valve before, so the inner workings weren't embedded in my mind. But as far as I can tell, the setup should work. But double-check.

paaiyan
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: clide » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:45 pm

I haven't used propane for an air source personally, but I am pretty sure it tends to freeze up fast if you are using it rapidly.

clide
Donating Member
Donating Member

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion