Login    Register
User Information
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Who is online

In total there are 50 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 48 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

What is a Hammer Valve?

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
  • Author

Unread postAuthor: dauphinoise potato » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:48 am

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:A hammer valve is what practically every commercially made pneumatic airgun uses to fire - imagine a blowgun valve, but instead of pull it with your finger, a spring-loaded hammer strikes it and opens it briefly to allow enough air to fire one shot to escape from the reservoir.

Here's an old example, the Girandoni air rifle:


The yellow striker pin is propelled by a spring to hit the valve and release a burst of air.
That picture is from a book about airguns that Ive got :shock: I have always wondered what a hammer valve is. :headbang:
  • 0

It's all a bunch of tree huggin' hippie crap!
User avatar
dauphinoise potato
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:36 am
Reputation: 0


Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot]

Reputation System ©'