Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 56 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 52 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Adding C02

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Adding C02

Unread postAuthor: ceaves » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:54 pm

I've built a T-Shirt cannon, and I must say it works good. This is using an air compressor to air up 100 psi or so, but its a one shot Charlie thing.

The booster club for our HS Football team wants one the mascot can shoot to the crowd. (We're also a sign and screen print shop)

I was thinking of buying a small C02 bottle and using a regulator down to 100 psi and use a ball valve to dump in the air to the chamber. I was also looking at paintball tanks and was wondering if anyone could offer any insight on an easy inexpensive way to use existing paintball stuff to make this happen.

I've looked thru the topics and can't really find an answer to my questions.

I appreciate it,
Chris

ceaves
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: trae08 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:02 pm

post a picture or give us some specs of the gun. also what do you mean by existing paintball stuff.?

and depending how big your chamber is you might want to consider using hpa instead of co2.

Marvin the Martian: Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!

Marvin the Martian: The Earth? Oh, the Earth will be gone in just a few seconds.

PCGUY wrote:Congrats, your the first donating member I have had to ban.
trae08
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: iPaintball » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:06 pm

The only way you could do this would be if you already had an adjustable ASA regulator, you know, the kind with female threads? You could adjst the output to suit you needs.

Summer Projects:
CO2 tank hybrid: Gotta fix the meter :(
Cane gun: Needs a pilot/fill setup
1.5" piston valve gun: Almost done
iPaintball
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: ceaves » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:53 pm

I'll get a picture posted, camera is at the shop.

They want me to build them a gun, I told them I'd do it at cost for shooting some of our shirts into the bleachers.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is HPA.

I'll have to look for a ASA regulator, do paintball regulators go down to 100 psi ?

ceaves
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: spanerman » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:52 pm

HPA= high pressure air

spanerman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: PinHead » Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:18 pm

I started a topic similar to this about a week ago, you can find it here.

http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/would-this-work-for-a-co2-setup-t9745.html

Go down the thread, I have a few links for some different CO2 ready ASA's that have a built in reg; they can be bought on eBay for about 35 bucks. They should be able to go down to 100 psi, and one of them has the guage built in.

PinHead
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: ceaves » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:57 am

Ok cool guys, this gives me some ideas.

Another question (I'm not a paintball guy) do the c02 tanks you'd buy at WalMart come filled, or do you have to get them filled somewhere else.

Thanks again,
Chris

ceaves
Private
Private

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: PinHead » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:08 pm

They always come empty; it's actually illegal for them to be shipped while pressurized. None of the wal-marts around here are setup to fill them either, so you may have to take them elsewhere for a fill. Any good sporting goods store with a paintball section should be able to help you out; they're usually about 4-5 bucks a fill.

Sometimes you can find a welding shop that will fill them too, if they keep CO2 around. The welding instructor at the community college here in town fills them dirt cheap for anybody who asks.

PinHead
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: trae08 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:12 pm

actually depending on if its a super walmart or not.. but the super walmarts where i live (florida) will exchange your empty co2 tank for a full on for like 7 bucks. but they dont exchange 12 ounce tanks tho.

Marvin the Martian: Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!

Marvin the Martian: The Earth? Oh, the Earth will be gone in just a few seconds.

PCGUY wrote:Congrats, your the first donating member I have had to ban.
trae08
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: Orpackrat » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:04 pm

Walmart will exchange the tanks only if they are setup for it (all the walmarts I have been to are) and if you have bought that particular brand of tank. It would be cheaper to just buy a regular tank and have it filled at a sporting goods store. I think the average price is $.25 an ounce.

K.I.S.S. "Keep It Simple ******"

Orpackrat
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: NoXi » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:16 pm

PinHead wrote:I started a topic similar to this about a week ago, you can find it here.

http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/would-this-work-for-a-co2-setup-t9745.html

Go down the thread, I have a few links for some different CO2 ready ASA's that have a built in reg; they can be bought on eBay for about 35 bucks. They should be able to go down to 100 psi, and one of them has the guage built in.

just to tell you, all asa's are c02 ready. Any of them can be used with c02.

NoXi
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: PinHead » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:47 pm

I realize that, I just meant that those already had the regulator built in, which would save you some money, and space. It would require less fittings and hose, too.

PinHead
Corporal
Corporal

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion