Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 68 users online :: 6 registered, 0 hidden and 62 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], farcticox1, Google [Bot], Gussmoore, MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

What's the most ghetto/cheap cannon you've ever made?

A place to ask general spud cannon related questions.
Sponsored 
  • Author
What's the most ghetto/cheap cannon you've ever made?

Unread postAuthor: PinHead » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:20 pm

Mine would probably have to be the one that I made at work the other day while I was bored. I found a scrap piece of 3/4" ID steel tubing about a foot long, so I heated up the end and melted it into the cap of a powerade bottle, then sealed it with good ol' duct tape. Ignition was done with a small hole in the end of the bottle, using flame from a lighter, or a red hot tip of welding wire. Fuel is about 3 drops of acetone from a bottle I "borrowed" from the paint prep area, and ammo is paper and masking tape wads (breech loaded with eh cap off). Good for trying to hit other guys in my area with a satisfying "thwoomp".

PinHead
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: hi » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:45 pm

i made one out of a cardboard mailing tube. the projectil stoper was a pencil and the ignition was a hole that i stuck a match in. i launched soda cans about 50 feet.

i also wrapped it in duct tape.

"physics, gravity, and law enforcement are the only things that prevent me from operating at my full potential" - not sure, but i like the quote

you know you are not an engineer if you have to remind yourself "left loosy righty tighty"
hi
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: SpudBlaster15 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:50 pm

Flying_Salt built a combustion launcher that used a tissue box as the chamber. That would have to be the most ghetto cannon I have ever seen.

As for the most ghetto cannon I have made; my combustion BB "sniper" takes the cake. It used a soda bottle as the chamber, and the barrel consisted of 6 pen tubes taped together.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
SpudBlaster15
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: f.c » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:00 pm

i once a made a combustion from coke cans and toilet rolls.

f.c
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: mopherman » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:02 pm

I make a tiny combustion out of a rolled up peice of paper that was tristed up on one side.

searching for a modern day savior from another place,inclined toward charity,everyone's begging for an answer,without regard to validity,the searching never ends,it goes on and on for eternity
-Bad religion
mopherman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: chimera » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:32 pm

I just posed a cheep cannon i built a while ago. I think i could do better tho or worse how ever you want to say it.
http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/duck-ta ... 10432.html

chimera
Private
Private

Return to General Spud Cannon Related