Login    Register
User Information
Username:
Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 75 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 71 guests


Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Requesting Permission For Furlough

A place to ask general spud cannon related questions.
Sponsored 
  • Author
    Message

Unread postAuthor: ammosmoke » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:58 pm

Meals are huge??? Where did you eat?? I don't really think our meals are huge... Mexican food, now thats when it gets huge!!!
  • 0

<img>http://www.speedtest.net/result/309559995.png</img>
User avatar
ammosmoke
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 1011
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:57 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: spudgunnerwryyyyy » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:27 pm

Mc Crowlety man your in Anaheim I live in Santa Ana damn man thats sweet. Well yah kinda big meals here. Also the best place for large diameter pipe is OSH my local store stock up to 6" including 2.5" and all the fittings.
  • 0

User avatar
spudgunnerwryyyyy
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
 
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:54 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Dornep » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:53 pm

This is a pretty cool thread you have here MrCrowley.. It's like reading about an explorer as he discovers new territory..:wink:

MrCrowley wrote:People here are very friendly unlike what I had been told


Now take that back home with you and tell your friends and family. Don't believe everything the media tells you.. George Bush has created such a crappy image for the United States that most foreign countries take that to mean we all are a bunch of arse holes like he is.

Good Luck with your trip and Welcome to America!
  • 0

User avatar
Dornep
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:49 pm
Location: Florida
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: altxf4 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:18 pm

Welcome to the USA!


We love Kiwi.... And I bet alot of people think you are a brit (so many cant tell the difference between a brit, aus, and NZ Accent...although truthfully i wouldn't be able to tell between a NZ and a AUS).
  • 0


altxf4
Private
Private
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:03 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: clide » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:32 pm

Dornep wrote:Now take that back home with you and tell your friends and family. Don't believe everything the media tells you.. George Bush has created such a crappy image for the United States that most foreign countries take that to mean we all are a bunch of arse holes like he is.


The USA had an image problem long before George Bush.

Glad you're having a good experience in the US MrCrowley.
  • 0


clide
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 785
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:06 am
Location: Oklahoma, USA
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:07 am

@spudgunwryyy...

Wow that's pretty close, the only problem is until monday we don't have a rental car and taxi's cost quite a bit for short distances. There is a fastenal store pretty close to me about a mile or two away that sells 1/2" QEVs, where's the closest OSH to me? i'm staying in the Sheraton which is by disneyland or something.

Yeah meals are huge compared to NZ, you would starve in NZ, alot of people hear us talking to each other on the street and ask where we come from straight away, our accents must stand out quite a bit.

Maybe once I get to SF if we are more in the CBD I can walk to the stores, but for now i'm just drooling out of my window at the home depot I know is somewhere in the distance :P
  • 0

User avatar
MrCrowley
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 10207
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:42 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Country: New Zealand (nz)
Reputation: 4

Unread postAuthor: frankrede » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:11 am

MrCrowley wrote:@spudgunwryyy...

Wow that's pretty close, the only problem is until monday we don't have a rental car and taxi's cost quite a bit for short distances. There is a fastenal store pretty close to me about a mile or two away that sells 1/2" QEVs, where's the closest OSH to me? i'm staying in the Sheraton which is by disneyland or something.

Yeah meals are huge compared to NZ, you would starve in NZ, alot of people hear us talking to each other on the street and ask where we come from straight away, our accents must stand out quite a bit.

Maybe once I get to SF if we are more in the CBD I can walk to the stores, but for now i'm just drooling out of my window at the home depot I know is somewhere in the distance :P

Hah sounds like your having the time of your life!
  • 0

Current project: Afghanistan deployment
User avatar
frankrede
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
 
Posts: 3220
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:47 pm
Reputation: 0

Sponsored

Sponsor
 


Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:52 pm

Just had disneyland today, very cool, I got to go to BestBuy now for some looking around, i'll log on later. But my mum dropped her bag out of the tram thing and it got ran over several times and my phone is f*cked, so it'll give me solmething to shoot when i get back
  • 0

User avatar
MrCrowley
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 10207
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:42 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Country: New Zealand (nz)
Reputation: 4

Unread postAuthor: HaiThar » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:03 pm

You are going to America, JUST to get Spudgun stuff? :shock:
  • 0

User avatar
HaiThar
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:12 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:37 pm

No, holiday.
Just got new my 160gb ipod :P
The girls here pretty damn hot :D
  • 0

User avatar
MrCrowley
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 10207
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:42 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Country: New Zealand (nz)
Reputation: 4

Unread postAuthor: n3rdkw » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:43 am

MrCrowley wrote:No, holiday.
Just got new my 160gb ipod :P
The girls here pretty damn hot :D


I agree with the last comment
as to a large hardware store...
There's Sears and Home Depot

Food wise:
You absolutely HAVE TO eat at In 'n Out
And yes American restaurants do serve food in EXTREME proportions.

If you're still in the LA area, I'd suggest you go to Six Flags Magic Mountain if you have time.

Have fun
  • 0

Goal: a 750fps hybrid
User avatar
n3rdkw
Private First Class
Private First Class
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:58 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Novacastrian » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:53 am

It would be negligent of me not to request (demand) photos of the hottest hotties that you may shoot at, with your camera OF COURSE! :twisted:
  • 0


Novacastrian
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1604
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:59 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:53 am

Haha yeah, I got to sit next to one on the rollercoaster at disneyland, she was hot as, and she was wearing short shorts and a tank top... :D

Sears do hardware? in that case i'll go with my parents, they want to se what it's like.

Oh and my mum dropped her handbag at disneyland and it got run over by the tram thing 5 times, my phone was in this handbag and the screen internally cracked, so when I get back to NZ i'm going to either shoot it, or shoot at it. :D
  • 0

User avatar
MrCrowley
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 10207
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:42 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Country: New Zealand (nz)
Reputation: 4

Unread postAuthor: Modderxtrordanare » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:45 am

MrCrowley wrote:Oh and my mum dropped her handbag at disneyland and it got run over by the tram thing 5 times, my phone was in this handbag and the screen internally cracked, so when I get back to NZ i'm going to either shoot it, or shoot at it. :D


Make sure you make a video. :lol:
  • 0

Spudding since '05. Proud waster of plumbing and plumbing accessories.

-Wiki
-How-To: Modding a Sprinkler Valve
User avatar
Modderxtrordanare
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 686
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:22 pm
Location: Texas
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: HaiThar » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:59 am

MrCrowley wrote:Haha yeah, I got to sit next to one on the rollercoaster at disneyland, she was hot as, and she was wearing short shorts and a tank top... :D

Sears do hardware? in that case i'll go with my parents, they want to se what it's like.

Oh and my mum dropped her handbag at disneyland and it got run over by the tram thing 5 times, my phone was in this handbag and the screen internally cracked, so when I get back to NZ i'm going to either shoot it, or shoot at it. :D


Haha nice man. If you see a Chick-Fil-A, I would go there, and get a 12 piece chicken meal. It is, in my opinion, the best fast food resteraunt you could EVER go to for chicken.
  • 0

User avatar
HaiThar
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:12 am
Reputation: 0

PreviousNext

Return to General Spud Cannon Related

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot]

Reputation System ©'