Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 67 users online :: 6 registered, 0 hidden and 61 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Ideas for a cannon

A place to ask general spud cannon related questions.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Ideas for a cannon

Unread postAuthor: Master Pop » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:20 pm

I am sorry if this is not the place to post this. I am a noob about this stuff, I am a airsofter and I want a cannon that will launch a mortar like object that will explode with bb's at a pressure that won't kill or anything :) I need it either co2 or I have seen some powered with a bicycle pump. I need it simple and step by step instructions. I have been looking on here for some time trying to figure this stuff out, Please direct me to the right place for this.

Thanks

Master Pop
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: HaiThar » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:24 pm

Master Pop, there are several sites out there that will show you STEP BY STEP as you ask. What do you want it to do? Launch when you press a button? Remote activation?

You plan to make a pneumatic or combustion?

Where do you plan on making your pressurized air source come from?

More info would be appreciated so that we can help you with this :D

HaiThar
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: Master Pop » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:37 pm

I would like it to be fired by a trigger like thing. I will have this on my shoulder or under arm most likely. And I did say I want it powered by either co2 or a bicycle pump.

Master Pop
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: HaiThar » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:40 pm

I dont know about working with CO2, you'll have to ask one of the better people around here... but what you'll want to make is maybe a piston over and under with a modded sprinkler valve...

Basically there are a few key parts to a pneumatic cannon..

Barrel(holds whatever your gonna shoot)
Valve( can be sprinkler, ball, QEV, burst disk, ect.)
And your chamber.

If you are doing something like a piston, or coaxial, there are a few other things you'll need to worry about.

Let me draw you a basic diagram, and say if it's near what you're looking for.

Last edited by HaiThar on Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HaiThar
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: Master Pop » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:44 pm

Okay thanks, and how might i find step by step instructions on how to build one?

HaiThar wrote:I dont know about working with CO2, you'll have to ask one of the better people around here... but what you'll want to make is maybe a piston over and under with a modded sprinkler valve...

Master Pop
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: williamfeldmann » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:49 pm

Well a trigger activated pneumatic mortar is not a problem, that can be built in a variety of ways. I suggest looking through the pnuematic cannon showcase here on the forum. Coaxial would probably be the easiest setup, and just make a makeshift (read:ghetto) style bipod.

My question is the aerial detonation of the BB container you are describing wanting. I have seen no way to do such a thing. I have seen makeshift claymores and other mine-type devises and even thrown grenades. That air-burst bb grenade is going to take some thinking. In the meantime check out the showcase, lots of good ideas floating in there.

williamfeldmann
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: HaiThar » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:52 pm

is this what you're looking for?

Well a trigger activated pneumatic mortar is not a problem, that can be built in a variety of ways. I suggest looking through the pnuematic cannon showcase here on the forum. Coaxial would probably be the easiest setup, and just make a makeshift (read:ghetto) style bipod.

My question is the aerial detonation of the BB container you are describing wanting. I have seen no way to do such a thing. I have seen makeshift claymores and other mine-type devises and even thrown grenades. That air-burst bb grenade is going to take some thinking. In the meantime check out the showcase, lots of good ideas floating in there.

I was wondering the same... Maybe he can use a timer device? :-\. Remember those waterballoon games that were time activated and you wound them up where it was like hot-potato? :

Attachments
trythis2.JPG
something like this?
trythis2.JPG (37.57 KiB) Viewed 510 times
HaiThar
Donating Member
Donating Member

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: Redcoat » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:55 pm

Well If yo want it fired by a trigger go for a modded sprinkler valve.

To mod a sprinkler valve look here

then you should build a chamber and a barrel. Fr the setup of a pneumatic look here.

If you want anymore help feel free to PM me.

Happy SPuddin'

Poo.
Redcoat
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: Master Pop » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:09 pm

I want it to explode as soon as it hits something, not in the air.
And Thanks for the help
williamfeldmann wrote:Well a trigger activated pneumatic mortar is not a problem, that can be built in a variety of ways. I suggest looking through the pnuematic cannon showcase here on the forum. Coaxial would probably be the easiest setup, and just make a makeshift (read:ghetto) style bipod.

Master Pop
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: thespeedycicada » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:42 pm

an impact pneumatic bomb will not be simple you could make a disposible one with a shrader (which you salvage duh!) some kind of weight like sand its the safest and of corse bbs and a water bottle put the shrader in the bottle pump it up to just below burst pressure put in bbs and sand and fire! i know its not the safest but it works.

current projects: co-axial piston valve.Status DONE!
S.P.E.C.S update mk 1 construction begining in febuary all the maths for it are done plans are drawn up and parts are listed.
NEXT project:auto piston valve.
thespeedycicada
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: Master Pop » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:49 pm

Whats a "shrader"?

Master Pop
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: thespeedycicada » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:52 pm

bike tire valve you know the little black stick that comes out of tires you shouldnt be messing with co2 if you dont know what a schrader is its very basic.I just noticed its on hai thars diagram.

S.P.E.C.S update mk 1 construction begining in febuary all the maths for it are done plans are drawn up and parts are listed.
thespeedycicada
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: cwazy1 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:31 pm

LOL. good words of advice! :?

cwazy1
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: super spuder » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:53 pm

well i could tell you how to make something that would explode when it hit the ground, how ever it apers to me you don't want to kill anyone so my idea wont work haha. the only problem i can see with the idea of having it explode on contact is shrapnel. There was a thing on here a while ago that was like a BB land mine, you could try and adapt that for what you want to do

trying to decide on a new project, probably something small.
super spuder
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: thespeedycicada » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:06 pm

which one are you talking about there have been a couple if i remember correctly and one of them was a remote activated electronic monster that i wouldnt want to launch out of a cannon the other one had a pull pin so you should probaly find something besides a impact bomb to shoot out of it.

thespeedycicada
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Next

Return to General Spud Cannon Related