Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 80 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 76 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

cool stock!

A place to ask general spud cannon related questions.
Sponsored 

What do you think of my stock?

Pretty Good!
79%
OK.
14%
Trash.
7%

Total votes : 14
  • Author
cool stock!

Unread postAuthor: Urban Ninja » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:44 am

Hey. For the past few days I have had nothing to do. So I decided to start building a rifle stock. I have finished to stock but am still designing to actual cannon (combustion). I am really happy with it, its pretty good considering I am 14 (sorry not boasting)! :D I still need to give it some wood stain, but do not know what kind of wood? Any ideas would be useful.

Attachments
IMGA0027.JPG
FINISHED STOCK!
IMGA0018.JPG
Decided to engrave my initials for that extra touch! Its really hard to engrave onto balsa wood.
IMGA0012.JPG
Just starting to get it into a rough shape.
IMGA0007.JPG
I only had 2 small pieces lying round si I decided to glue them together. It actually worked really well.
IMGA0014.JPG
I started off with a really nasty little cardboard cutout. So that I made sure there were no mistakes.
Urban Ninja
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: spudshot » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:29 pm

looks good, though i dont know how it'll hold up if you're putting something like a piston cannon on there, the recoil might smash the balsa wood (that stuff is weak). it should be fine for like a bb gun or maybe even a small pneumatic (with a light projectile) i was thinking about getting an old SKS or Mosin Nagant stock ( they're like 20 bucks) and making a stock for a bbmg

spudshot
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: Urban Ninja » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:01 pm

Yeah Im going to put a really small copper combustion on it, 22mm chamber and 15mm barrel. Your feedback on my question really helped and I might try to put a 'pocket rocket' style design on it. That guns perfect for this. Also now I have treated the wood and it hardened up real nice. Also the colour is perfect. Ill upload Pictures of it soon. Thanks again.

Urban Ninja
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Return to General Spud Cannon Related